CAMARILLO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WorkCompCentral Inc. announced the keynote speakers for the 2016 Comp Laude Awards & Gala. The annual event will be held November 4 and 5 at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel in Burbank, Calif.
“The Comp Laude event has been expanded to two full days. Our new full day of education agenda focuses on how we, as a community of professionals, can create a positive culture in the delivery of workers’ compensation benefits,” said David Weiss, Education Director for WorkCompCentral.
Additional speakers include:
- Ann Schnure, Consumer Health Connections
- Christine Baker, State of California
- Susan Emerson, Delta Airlines
- Denise Algire, Albertsons Companies
- Darrell Brown, Sedgwick
- Dawn Watkins, LAUSD
- John Smolk, Southern California Edison
- Mark Walls, Safety National
- Nate Halprin, Defense Attorney
- Tamara Ulufanua-Ciraulo, Stater Bros. Markets
- Doug Benner, MD, EK Health / Macy’s
- Karen Nash, Big 5 Sporting Goods
- Kurt Leisure, Cheesecake Factory
- Chris Brigham, M.D., Brigham & Associates, Inc.
- Lester Kertay, M.D., R3 Continuum
- Becky Curtis, Take Courage Coaching
- Ali Mendiola, Atlas Settlement Group
- Robert Rassp, Applicant Attorney
- Hon. David Pollak
The 5th annual event includes three educational tracks: claims, legal and medical. Education breakout sessions focus on how industry stakeholders should find ways to collaborate, advocate and move the industry towards a more positive direction. The second day of sessions are focused on networking and inspiring, ending with an awards ceremony where the 2016 Comp Laude Award winners will be announced. The conference features over 60 speakers and presenters with 40 exhibitors and will be taking donations on behalf of Kids Chance of California for the new David DePaolo Memorial Scholarship. Claims adjusters, WCAB judges and injured workers attend free. For full event details, click here.
Based in Camarillo, Calif., WorkCompCentral is the nation’s only digital publication reporting daily on the workers’ compensation industry. With its own team of journalists, the specialty media company covers legal, medical, legislative/regulatory issues and frequently covers breaking industry news. The company also produces live events and continuing education courses and can be reached at 805-484-0333 and via www.workcompcentral.com.