SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Before thousands in attendance at its annual conference, CAPG announced today the results of its Standards of ExcellenceTM (SOE®) member survey. The survey rankings are given to physician groups based on their performance in improving patient experience, clinical care, and affordability of care.
“Our survey is recognized as the industry standard by which the nation’s healthcare systems can assess the delivery of accountable and value-based care and improve patient care coordination, in line with ongoing healthcare reform,” said Donald Crane, CAPG President and CEO.
Added Crane: “We’re proud to partner with the National Center for Quality Assurance (NCQA) on the application, analysis, scoring and reporting of the survey, which has proven to have real-world benefits. Additionally, the RAND Corporation is using the SOE® scoring in its research with the National Institute on Aging on a report that will uncover the highest yield structures for cost efficiency.”
The survey is voluntary and offered to more than 250 CAPG medical group members in 40 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. This year, 114 organizational members participated in the critical self-assessment, covering 11.6 million people in the commercial line of business, including Medicare Advantage, along with an additional estimated 3.1 million individuals in government programs.
“This survey is truly a self-reflection of how physician organizations see themselves making a difference in patient lives through their care and commitment to every aspect of their jobs,” said Amy Nguyen Howell, MD, CAPG’s Chief Medical Officer. “It starts by putting patients above all else, and emphasizing value over volume, along with strong team-based care. We’re proud of what they’ve done as leaders in making patient-centered, coordinated care catch on across the entire spectrum of healthcare systems nationwide.”
The following rigorous categories represent the 2016 Standards of ExcellenceTM, with Domains 1-5 publicly reported:
- Domain 1—Care Management Practices: Clinical system supports for quality and efficiency on a population scale.
- Domain 2—Information Technology: Funnel for accurate, actionable information to support clinical decisions and coordinate team care.
- Domain 3—Accountability and Transparency: Response to the public demand for objective information regarding performance, patient service, and regulatory compliance.
- Domain 4—Patient-Centered Care: Critical components of access, convenience, cultural responsiveness, and customized individual care.
- Domain 5—Group Support of Advanced Primary Care: Patient-centered medical home model and how it’s used to revitalize the discipline of primary care.
- Domain 6—Administrative and Financial Capability: Management of complex relationships, diverse revenue streams, innovative payment alignment, and risk-based payments (informational only with no public reporting)
2016 Survey Highlights:
- Seventy-one physician organizations achieved the coveted Elite honor in 2016. That total increased by six groups from 2015, despite the higher bar for demonstrating improved performance.
- Thirteen new organizations achieved the Elite status, including six first-time SOE® participants. Elite honorees ranged from small IPAs to medium integrated groups to large health systems.
- Twenty-six new physician groups took part for the first time in 2016.
- Participation is voluntary for CAPG members. Organizations electing not to participate are also named on the www.capg.org website.
Survey results and additional information can be found at www.capg.org/soe.
CAPG is the leading U.S. association for and the voice of physician organizations practicing capitated, coordinated care. The organization comprises more than 250 multispecialty medical groups and independent practice associations (IPAs) in 40 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. CAPG members provide comprehensive healthcare through patient-centered, coordinated, and accountable physician group practices. We strongly believe this model—which CAPG members have successfully utilized for more than two decades—offers the highest quality, most efficient delivery mechanism, and greatest value for patients. For more information, please visit www.capg.org.