ANN ARBOR, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After an incredibly impressive first half of 2016, TITLE Boxing Club International, the number one fastest-growing franchise by Inc. Magazine, announced today new additions to its existing ownership team including super-star names from the NFL and franchise industry. Arguably one of the biggest partnerships in franchising history, the new faces of this powerhouse executive team are equipped to elevate TITLE Boxing Club to unimaginable heights.
Orchestrated by TITLE Boxing Club CEO, John Rotche, the new ownership additions include, among others, NFL superstar Drew Brees and International Franchise Association (IFA) heavy-hitters David Barr, Shelly & JD Sun, and Doc Cohen. Each of these new owners are best in class in their respective industries and combined with the expertise of the current leadership team, TITLE Boxing Club has become one of the most prestigious concepts in the franchise space.
- Drew Brees – The 2009 Super Bowl XLIV Champion and MVP-winning quarterback for the New Orleans Saints. Brees was named 2004 Comeback Player of the Year, 2006 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year and Miller Lite NFL Player of the Year, 2007 PFWA George S. Halas Courage Award recipient, NFL Offensive Player of the Year (2008, 2011), 2009 Bert Bell Award recipient, 2010 ESPY Award Best Male Athlete, 2010 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year, 2010 Associated Press Male Athlete of the Year, 2011 Athletes in Action/Bart Starr Award and Man of the Year. Brees has been elected to nine Pro Bowls and authored the book, “Coming Back Stronger: Unleashing the Hidden Power of Adversity.” Brees is also a Jimmy John’s franchisee, bringing his own franchising experience and perspective to the new team.
- David Barr – David Barr is chairman and founder of PMTD Restaurants and its affiliates, which own and operate 23 KFC and Taco Bell restaurants. He also serves on the board of directors of a variety of public and private boards, both internationally and domestically, including Del Frisco’s Restaurant Group, Capriotti’s Sandwich Shops, Inc., BrightStar Care, The Spice & Tea Exchange, Bistro Group (a large franchisee of TGI Friday’s), and Franworth. In addition, in the past he has been on the board of directors of Rita Restaurants LLC, the owner and operator of Don Pablo's Mexican Restaurants, Mrs. Fields, TCBY, and Samuels Jewelers, Inc. Prior to his board work, David was the CEO of Great American Cookies from 1994 to 1998, at which time he sold the company on behalf of its shareholders to Mrs. Fields. Barr is currently the Secretary of the IFA and slated to be the Chairman of the Board of Directors for the IFA in 2019-2020.
- Shelly Sun – Shelly Sun is the CEO and co-founder of BrightStar Care®, a nearly $350M, 300-unit premium healthcare staffing company providing the full continuum of care. Sun was named Entrepreneur of the Year by the IFA in 2010, currently sits on the Board of Directors for the IFA, is an incoming Chairperson of the Board of Directors in 2017-2018, and authored the business book, “Grow Smart, Risk Less” (Greenleaf Book Group, 2011).
- JD Sun – JD, along with Shelly, is the co-founder of BrightStar Care®. In 2012, JD stepped away from BrightStar Care and in recent years has pursued other investments in small cap companies with emphasis on scalable business models, such as franchise entities.
- Doc Cohen – Lawrence “Doc” Cohen is a veteran of the franchise industry as a franchisee of numerous brands including Great American Cookies, Pretzelmaker and Coffee Beanery. Cohen was the first-ever franchisee inducted into the International Franchise Association’s (IFA) Hall of Fame. Cohen is a past Chairman of the Board of Directors for the IFA.
These new players join existing TITLE Boxing Club owners John Rotche, Tom Lyons, Rick Washburn and Danny Campbell. Rounding out the prestigious list of executives is President Susan Boresow who was added to the team in 2015. Susan brings over 30 years of franchise experience serving in leadership roles with brands such as Massage Envy, McDonalds, Sports Clips, Cold Stone Creamery, Godfathers Pizza, Pump It Up and BounceU.
At the helm of this prestigious team is Rotche, who joined the TITLE Boxing Club team in 2012, and has since grown the company from 20 units to more than 150 open units. John was also instrumental in increasing the company’s revenue 1,774% which earned TITLE Boxing Club Inc. Magazine’s prestigious Fastest Growing Franchise award in 2015. Rotche, a 26-year veteran within the franchise space, served in various executive roles with Dominos and Krispy Kreme before beginning his entrepreneurial journey in 2002 when he purchased a single-van air duct cleaning company (DUCTZ) that he grew to be the largest in its space with over 150 units in less than three years. After selling DUCTZ, he created his next franchise brand, HOODZ, which he again grew to over 150 locations, this time in under two years, making it the nation’s largest kitchen exhaust cleaning company. Rotche was awarded the prestigious IFA Entrepreneur of the Year accolade and was elected into the IFA Board of Directors last year. His newest business, Franworth, is the franchise management company and equity partner of multiple franchise brands including TITLE Boxing Club, Everlast Fitness, Spavia Day Spa, Sweetwaters Coffee and Tea, Kalamata Grill and Lash Lounge.
“It’s not often in a person’s career when you get to work alongside the best-of-the best. We’ve created the Dream Team of franchising and I don’t think it’s possible to gather a more prominent group of leaders in one room than what we have at TITLE Boxing Club,” said Rotche. “With the experienced and creative minds of our new shareholders and Susan, the potential to make a lasting mark on the franchise and fitness space is limitless.”
2016 has been a stellar year for TITLE Boxing Club so far. In February, the company announced a partnership with Everlast, the global leader in boxing, mixed martial arts and fitness related products. The partnership was created to develop an international fitness franchise, Everlast Fitness and make Everlast’s boxing products available in domestic TITLE Boxing Club locations. TITLE Boxing Club continues to solidify its spot as a powerful force in the fitness franchise industry with plans to develop the concept aggressively in Mexico, Canada, and eventually bring Everlast Fitness worldwide.
About TITLE Boxing Club®
TITLE Boxing Club, a Franworth company, is a boutique fitness studio that’s specializes in boxing and kickboxing fitness classes. The 100-pound heavy bags that are hanging in the sleek, modern clubs take a beating from every day people who are looking to knock out stress, and become the champion of their lives. Frequently seen on FOX News, Bloomberg, Shape Magazine, Women’s Health and the Wall Street Journal, everyone can’t help but take notice of this fun and fierce brand. The company is currently ranked as the No. 1 Fastest-Growing Franchise by Inc. Magazine, and No. 230 on 2015’s Entrepreneur magazine 36th Annual Franchise 500® list. TITLE Boxing Club is also ranked No. 250 on the 2015 Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies and No. 347 on 2014 Franchise Times Top 200 (Plus 300) list. For more information on TITLE Boxing Club, visit www.TITLEBoxingClub.com. To learn more about the fitness franchise opportunity, visit www.TITLEFranchise.com.
Franworth is a leading franchise management firm with years of franchise experience accompanied by a proven track record of success. The accomplished executive team is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan and includes Managing Director and CEO John Rotche, CFE, Managing Director David Barr, Chief Operating Officer Mike Skitzki, CFE, Chief Development Officer Alex Roberts, CFE, and Partners Tom Lyons and Rick Washburn. Franworth helps franchisors build a strong foundation, navigate their acceleration, and create economic value for both franchisors and their franchisees. The Franworth family of brands currently includes TITLE Boxing Club, Everlast Fitness, Spavia day spa, Sweetwaters Coffee and Tea, Kalamata Greek Grill and Lash Lounge. To learn more visit www.franworth.com.