DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/949tl8/biometrics_in_the) has announced the addition of the "Biometrics in the Healthcare Industry - Patient Identification and Tracking, Care Provider Authentication, Pharmacy Dispensing and Home/Remote Patient Access: Market Analysis and Forecasts " report to their offering.
The healthcare industry is one of biometrics' most promising opportunities. Worldwide healthcare spending is about 10% of global gross domestic product (GDP). Healthcare is highly automated, highly regulated, and its objective is people's health. Squeezed by budget constraints while medical technology advances relentlessly, healthcare facilities are desperate to devote more time to caregiving and less time to ever-increasing administrative tasks. Biometrics in healthcare settings can speed up administrative processes, reduce fraud, and eliminate mistakes due to high workloads, which can lead to costly or fatal errors. It would be hard to imagine a higher-profile opportunity for biometrics.
This report analyzes the market opportunity for biometrics in the healthcare industry, including 10-year forecasts for the period from 2015 through 2024. The report examines four use cases specific to healthcare, with a focus on biometrics to identify and authenticate people, rather than diagnosing or treating patients. The report forecasts revenue, device shipments, and software licensing volumes. Within each world region, market forecasts are further segmented by biometrics modality and use case. The report also includes profiles of 19 key industry players in the healthcare biometrics market.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the size of the market opportunity for healthcare biometrics in each world region?
- What are the likely biometrics hardware device shipments and revenue for biometrics in the healthcare industry?
- What are the likely biometrics software application licenses and revenue for biometrics in the healthcare industry?
- What are they key market drivers and barriers for the use of biometrics in the healthcare industry?
- What are the most important regulatory issues for use of biometrics in the healthcare industry?
- What are the key use cases for biometrics in the healthcare industry?
- What are the key biometrics modalities that will be utilized in the healthcare industry?
Who Should Buy This Report?
- Biometrics device manufacturers
- Biometrics application developers
- Healthcare device manufacturers
- Healthcare application developers
- Healthcare systems integrators
- Healthcare technology solution providers
- Healthcare payers and providers
- Investor community
Key Topics Covered
- Executive Summary
- Market Issues
- Technology Issues
- Key Industry Players
- Market Forecasts
- Company Directory
- Acronym and Abbreviation List
- Table of Contents
- Table of Charts and Figures
- Scope of Study, Sources and Methodology, Notes
- 3M Cogent
- HID Global
- Integrated Biometrics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/949tl8/biometrics_in_the