MARKHAM, Ontario--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Combined July sales of 17,599 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 10% increase over last year’s sales, setting an all-time July sales record for the company. The Honda Automobile Division reported July sales of 15,696 units, up 8% over last year, also setting an all-time July sales record. The Acura Division reported July sales of 1,903 units, up 39% over last year.
“The strong momentum of light truck sales continues throughout the summer,” said Dave Gardner, senior vice president of operations, Honda Canada Inc. “Two highly-anticipated new products were met with overwhelming customer demand in July, with HR-V off to a strong start and Pilot surpassing its previous best July sales by over 140 units to set a new record. Also achieving a monthly sales record, the refreshed CR-V saw success in July with 3,280 units sold.”
“Acura brand celebrates its best July sales in ten years and a 39 per cent increase over 2014, much of which can be attributed to the lasting strength of the RDX luxury SUV, which also achieved its best July sales ever.”
- Honda Canada had its best July ever with 17,599 sales versus the previous all-time July record in 2008 with 15,996 sales.
- Honda brand had its best July ever with 15,696 sales versus the previous all-time July record in 2014 with 14,574 sales.
- Canadian-built Honda CR-V July sales up 2% over last year, setting an all-time July record (3,280 units sold versus 3,269 in 2013)
- Honda Pilot sales rose 22% in July with 802 units sold, breaking a July sales record (versus 655 in 2014)
- Acura sales growth was led by the success of TLX, with a year-over-year increase of 514% (577 units versus 94 in 2014)
- Acura RDX surpassed expectations and set a new July sales record with 587 units sold (versus 485 units sold in 2014)
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than seven million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3.9 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $2.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than four million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.
|HONDA CANADA INC.||HONDA CANADA INC.|
|RETAIL SALES - MTD||RETAIL SALES - YTD|
|MODEL||2015||2014||% Change||Model||2015||2014||% Change|
|HONDA division||15,696||14,574||7.7%||HONDA division||87,535||87,594||-0.1%|
|ACURA division||1,903||1,373||38.6%||ACURA division||11,848||10,537||12.4%|
|Honda Canada Inc.||17,599||15,947||10.4%||Honda Canada Inc.||99,383||98,131||1.3%|