OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TD Ameritradei clients are proving that mobile access to their investment portfolios is very much a part of staying engaged with the markets and making trades – with a 124 percent increase in trading on mobile devices in just two years. To meet the needs of this fast-growing investor segment, TD Ameritrade has launched In-App Chat, connecting clients to the support they need, when and where they need it.
A pioneering customer service feature, In-App Chat allows clients to share screens and receive live support without toggling to another app or website or having to call customer support, and it is not available from any other brokerage or financial services firm.
“TD Ameritrade leads the industry with great service – in this year’s Barron’s review, we were rated #1 Broker for Service and Education. And we’re committed to innovating our service offering as technologies evolve,” said Nicole Sherrod, managing director of trading at TD Ameritrade. “The launch of In-App Chat is indicative of this commitment. We continue to find new ways to deliver clients the support and education they need, in the channel of their choice, and provide a frictionless trading experience.”
How In-App Chat Works
- Once inside the Mobile Trader App, clients can connect with a TD Ameritrade service representative—allowing them to troubleshoot and resolve issues and answer questions right in the app—making investing quicker, easier and more accessible.
- Clients can text with a service representative, tour features and deliver feedback about the app.
- If a client experiences difficulties navigating the app, he or she can share their screen with the service representative, who can highlight touch points in the app to help the client navigate.
- Security and privacy are key. Screen sharing only allows a service representative to see the Mobile Trader application. Push notifications, photos and personal data are not visible and the client can end the chat at any point with the push of a button.
- Clients can also jump to different chat rooms and take advantage of conversations and information available through the thinkorswim platform. They can interact directly with one person, or with many.
TD Ameritrade is pioneering a client trading experience in which mobile and desktop technologies are fully integrated. In-App Chat Support functions seamlessly between Mobile Trader and TD Ameritrade desktop applications. So if a client needs to leave their house or office, they can take the conversation with them.
“In-App Chat is just one of the latest examples of how we are leveling the playing field for individual investors and using technology to break down barriers,” added Sherrod.
The feature is currently available for TD Ameritrade’s Mobile Trader app on iOS. An Android application is in development and expected to launch in the fall.
For the latest TD Ameritrade news and information, follow the Company on Twitter, @TDAmeritradePR.
Source: TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation
About TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation
Millions of investors and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs) have turned to TD Ameritrade’s (NYSE:AMTD) technology, people and education to help make investing and trading easier to understand and do. Online or over the phone. In a branch or with an independent RIA. First-timer or sophisticated trader. Our clients want to take control, and we help them decide how — bringing Wall Street to Main Street for more than 40 years. An official sponsor of the 2014 and 2016 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams, TD Ameritrade has time and again been recognized as a leader in investment services. Please visit TD Ameritrade’s newsroom or www.amtd.com for more information.
i TD Ameritrade, Inc. (“TD Ameritrade”), a broker-dealer subsidiary of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE: AMTD)