SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Springpath Inc., a pioneer in hyperconverged software infrastructure, announced today that it has been recognized with the 2015 Stratus Award from the Business Intelligence Group. The Springpath Data Platform, an enterprise-grade data platform software that enables standard servers hosting applications to reliably store, manage and protect data was named the “Private Cloud Provider of the Year.”
“On behalf of Springpath, I am truly honored to receive the Stratus Award for Private Cloud Provider of the Year. I am proud of our progress in advancing the hyperconverged infrastructure industry with our 100 percent software-based hyperconvergence solution,” said Terry Cunningham, CEO at Springpath. “I want to thank the Business Intelligence Group, as well as our talented employees that are committed to delivering superior data services, storage efficiency, high performance and scalability without limitations to our customers.”
Announced in February 2015, the Springpath Data Platform, based on its patent-pending Hardware Agnostic Log-structured Objects (HALO) architecture, enables enterprises to deploy and manage an enterprise class hyperconverged solution on industry standard servers of their choice.
"We are so proud that our judges awarded Springpath with a 2015 Stratus Award," said Russ Fordyce, Managing Director of the Business Intelligence Group. "It is clear that their performance and innovation has accelerated the adoption of the cloud. Congratulations to the entire team."
Key benefits and features of the Springpath Data Platform include:
- Server of Choice: Providing a software solution that customers can deploy and scale using their preferred hardware vendor.
- True Scalability: Providing true flexibility in scaling, allowing customers to scale performance and capacity independently to accommodate evolving business needs; customers can add servers, SSDs and/or HDDs, and even mix Rack and Blade servers.
- Single Stack: Providing a single data platform to manage a variety of environments -- virtual (vSphere, OpenStack), physical, and containerized workloads (such as Docker). Springpath’s competitors only provide convergence for virtual and have no support for container environments.
- Easy Integration: Maximizing simplicity by intuitively integrating into existing management tools (vCenter in the case of VMware infrastructure). Springpath’s competitors require customers to learn a new management console.
- Enhanced Feature Suite: Offering many robust enterprise features including inline deduplication and inline compression with no performance impact; because Springpath built a file system from the ground up, its Data Platform does not require enterprises to tradeoff between features (i.e., caching, compute, capacity).
To learn more about the Springpath Data Platform, please visit www.springpathinc.com.
The Stratus Awards recognize companies and individuals innovating in the Cloud and providing offerings that are truly differentiated in the market. For additional information on the Stratus Awards please visit http://www.bintelligence.com/stratus-awards/.
Founded in 2012 by VMware veterans, Springpath is a pioneer of hyperconverged software infrastructure that provides reliable and scalable compute and storage services running on a variety of standard servers. Available on an annual subscription basis and powered by Springpath’s patent-pending Hardware Agnostic Log-structured Objects (HALO) architecture, the Flash-optimized platform delivers high performance, rapid provisioning and fine-grained scale-out, with unparalleled storage efficiency—empowering enterprises to accelerate the adoption of DevOps within their IT organization. For more information, visit www.springpathinc.com or follow us on Twitter @SpringpathInc.