OAKDALE, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Imation (NYSE:IMN), a global data storage and information security company, today announced that its ongoing efforts to generate accelerated momentum in its storage and security solutions are delivering results. It launched its Secure Data Movement Architecture™ (SDMA™) in the first quarter, giving organizations a holistic approach to actively manage their high-value data files and protect them from tampering, destruction, loss or leakage through their entire lifecycle.
“We purchased the Nexsan and IronKey™ businesses more than two years ago to drive an innovative secure storage solutions offering in data storage and security and take a step forward in our overall strategic plan,” said Mark Lucas, CEO of Imation. “The investments we’re making into the key security and storage platforms we acquired have begun to build momentum and deliver results, thanks to the vision, hard work and dedication of our team and our products’ abilities to solve real problems and deliver a strong return on investment in the marketplace.”
“The marketplace is looking for true data storage and security solutions – not just point products that can deliver a certain standard of performance or capacity, but solutions that solve and deliver value against today’s most pressing IT challenges, including a mobile workforce,” said Ian Williams, president of tiered storage and security solutions at Imation. “As a result, we’ve purpose-built our Nexsan and IronKey product families and unveiled SDMA to deliver solutions for a wide variety of organizations across a wide range of IT needs including backup, archive, mobility and security.”
Imation has experienced recent success, and carries momentum into the coming quarters:
- Revenue from storage and security solutions showed year-over-year growth in the fourth quarter of 2014 and is expected to achieve double-digit year-over-year growth in Q1 2015.
- During the last 12 months, the company added approximately 800 new customers for its Nexsan portfolio of solutions and 200 customers for its IronKey business, including 13 Fortune 100 companies and five large federal government agencies in the United States and other countries.
- Imation focused on increasing market penetration in high-growth markets including media and entertainment (M&E), healthcare, education, and digital video surveillance with customers such as: Chesapeake Systems; McKesson; University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA); and Utah Transit Authority.
- Imation continued its rapid expansion in its M&E partnerships, including axle Video, Bright Technologies, Hexaglobe, SVG and many other leading M&E solutions organizations.
- The company launched its Secure Data Movement Architecture™ (SDMA™) in the first quarter to assist mid-sized organizations with safeguarding their high-value data.
Imation’s SDMA gives organizations a holistic approach to actively manage their high-value data files and protect them from tampering, destruction, loss or leakage through their entire lifecycle. SDMA empowers end users to manage their own policy for protecting their high-value data in addition to enabling organizational control and management policies. It also addresses the need to safeguard data files throughout the data lifecycle.
For more information on Imation’s storage and security solutions, visit www.imation.com.
Imation (NYSE: IMN) is a global data storage and information security company. Our products and solutions help organizations and individuals store, manage and protect their digital content. Imation’s storage and security portfolio includes Nexsan high-density, archive and solid-state optimized unified hybrid storage solutions; IronKey™ mobile security solutions that address the needs of professionals for secure data transport and mobile workspaces; and consumer storage solutions, audio products and accessories sold under the Imation, Memorex and TDK Life on Record brands. Imation reaches customers in more than 100 countries through a powerful global distribution network. For more information, visit www.imation.com.
Risk and Uncertainties
Certain information contained in this press release, which does not relate to historical financial information may be deemed to constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results in the future to differ materially from our historical results and those presently anticipated or projected. We wish to caution investors not to place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include the risk factors and other cautionary statements described in the Company’s filings with the SEC, including those described in the Risk Factors section of the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2014. Any forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which such statements are made, and we undertake no obligation to update such statements to reflect events or circumstances arising after such date.
Imation, the Imation logo, Nexsan, the Nexsan by Imation logo, IronKey, NST, FASTier, E-Series, Assureon and Memorex are trademarks of Imation Corp. TDK Life on Record is a trademark of TDK Corporation and is used under license. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.