NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--American Express Meetings & Events announced it is hosting four virtual sessions today to support the education and professional development of the meetings and events industry, as part of the first ever North American Meetings Industry Day (NAMID). NAMID brings together meeting professionals from over 60 organizations to showcase the value of their work and help raise awareness of the critical importance the meetings and events industry has on the North American and global economy.
In celebration of the day, American Express Meetings & Events and its partners will discuss timely industry trends and provide valuable insight to participants. The sessions are open to all meeting professionals, as well as anyone else interested in learning more about the profession. Furthermore, American Express Meetings & Events is one of CIC’s Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Preferred Providers and participants are eligible to receive one CIC credential per session.
NAMID was established in partnership with two leading industry advocacy groups, the Convention Industry Council (CIC) and the Meetings Mean Business Coalition (MMBC), which was founded by the US Travel Association. Its members span all facets of the face-to-face industry, which have come together behind a common goal: providing the resources, tools and information to show the real impact the industry has on businesses, economies and communities.
“We are excited to be a part of North American Meetings Industry Day – to help raise awareness of and attract new talent to this growth industry by demonstrating the strategic value meeting professionals can play in corporate North America,” said Issa Jouaneh, Vice President and General Manager, American Express Meetings & Events. “We believe that the industry grows from within, on the strength and aptitude of the meetings professionals that envision then execute each and every meeting. The continuing education and professional development of these individuals contributes to meetings that are more efficient, effective and profitable with an appropriate effort made to ensure duty of care for attendees and a minimized environmental impact.”
The live online education sessions take place today, Thursday, April 16, 2015. The schedule includes:
11:30am ET: Global Hotel Developments: The Impact of Thousands of New Meeting Destinations
- This data-driven session will reveal where hotels are building and discuss trends in the types of hotels being built, as well as the implications of availability of various types of properties in primary and emerging markets.
- Guest Speaker: Rolf Schmidt, Top Hotel Projects
- Moderator: Yma Sherry, Vice President, North America, American Express Meetings & Events
1:00pm ET: Stand For Your Brand
- Uncover the tools and strategy to build a stronger personal brand to elevate your career, your team and your organization. The focus of the session will be on mastering the four cornerstones of a stand out personal brand: identity, communication, actions and unique value.
- Guest Speaker: Dave Gordon, Brand & Communications Strategist, www.DaveGordon.net
- Introduction by: Mischelle Peterson, Strategic Account Manager, American Express Meetings & Events
2:30pm ET: Event Apps 101: Five Things to Consider When Shopping for Event Apps
- Learn how event apps can improve attendee engagement, unlock actionable insight for organizers to improve the experience in the moment, and generate a wealth of revenue-driving opportunities.
- Guest Speakers: Marisa Millard, Channel Account Manager, DoubleDutch and Katie Smith, Customer Success Team Manager, DoubleDutch
- Moderator: Megan Murphy, Director, Client Services, American Express Meetings & Events
4:00pm ET: What You Don’t Know Can Be Risky
- Learn how a focus on food and beverage (F&B) links to Duty of Care, minimize food costs from waste and last-minute orders, and leverage F&B as a competitive advantage for your meetings.
- Guest Speaker: Tracy Stuckrath, Thrive! Meetings & Events
- Moderator: Nanci Lempert, Senior Operations Manager, American Express Meetings & Events
To attend an American Express Meetings & Events online education session, please register here.
NAMID is an expansion of the successful efforts of meeting advocacy professionals in Canada who have for 20 years held the annual Canadian National Meetings Industry Day. Members of CIC and its network of chapters, as well as MMB coalition members, are hosting events in communities all across the United States. The Canada and Mexico Chapters of MPI, in addition to other industry partners across North America, are also driving events throughout their respective countries. Visit the NAMID webpage at www.MeetingsMeanBusiness.com to learn more about local events planned across the United States, Canada and Mexico today.
Interested parties can also join the digital conversation through @MeetingsMeanBiz on Twitter and by using the hashtags #MMBusiness with #NAMID. Download the MMB app, available on iPhones and Android devices, to access industry resources and to stay updated on NAMID activity as it develops over the course of the day.
About American Express Meetings and Events
American Express Meetings & Events, a division of American Express Global Business Travel, offers longstanding experience, expertise and leading capabilities spanning program implementation to budget optimization to deliver powerful meetings and events experiences for clients. The global team is focused on meetings and events sourcing, planning, contract negotiations, budgeting, expense management, reporting and benchmarking, combined with strategic counsel and integration of leading technology. This end-to-end approach focuses on creating visibility, driving savings and enabling effective meeting experiences.
With more than 40 years in the industry and a presence in over 50 countries, American Express Meetings & Events is uniquely positioned to manage meetings and events locally, regionally, internationally and across the globe. American Express Meetings & Events works with local leaders to enhance its offering to clients. To learn more about the services offered by American Express Meetings & Events, visit https://www.amexglobalbusinesstravel.com/meetings-and-events/
“American Express Meetings & Events” is a service provided by American Express Global Business Travel (“GBT”). GBT is a joint venture that is not wholly-owned by American Express Company or any of its subsidiaries (“American Express”). “American Express Global Business Travel”, “American Express” and the American Express logo are trademarks of American Express, and are used under limited license.