OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This A.M.BestTV episode covers the recent 20th Annual Insurance Leader of the Year Awards Dinner held in New York, NY, by the School of Risk Management at St. John’s University. This year’s award recipient is Michael McGavick, chief executive officer at XL Group (XL) and school board member.
This year’s Awards Dinner had over 1,400 attending and raised a record $2 million for the school.
Brian Duperreault, chief executive officer at Hamilton Insurance Group, spoke about McGavick. “Mike is being honored tonight not only for the excellence his leadership as provided to XL, but also for the quality of his character and the clarity by which he articulates a vision for our industry,” said Duperreault.
McGavick addressed his feelings on receiving the award. “It makes me feel proud of all the collective progress we have made at XL, and to me, this award is an acknowledgement of that progress. It is also about all the organizations that comprise the industry and the work all of us do as leaders,” said McGavick.
Also appearing in this episode:
- Brandon Sweitzer, dean, School of Risk Management at St. John’s University;
- John Lumelleau, president and chief executive officer, Lockton Companies; and
- Kevin Kelley, chief executive officer, Ironshore.
Click here to view the entire video program: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=leader115.
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- Catastrophe Bonds “Lite” Off to a Fast Start in 2015: A surge in smaller catastrophe bonds is bringing new capital to insurance coverages formerly unreached by securitization. In the meantime, issuance of all catastrophe bonds appears headed for new heights: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=catbonds115.
- Executives Hopeful About 2015, But Challenges Loom: Industry leaders at the Property/Casualty Insurance Joint Forum stated that during 2015 the industry should continue to grow; however, it could be limited by the general economy: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=pcforum115.
- FM Global Group’s New CEO Says Africa is the New Growth Area: The new Chief Executive Officer at FM Global Group, Thomas Lawson, believes multinational clients have become more active in Africa, particularly in the power and mining sectors: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=lawson115.
- The Hartford’s New Chief Executive Officer Questions Bifurcated Regulation: The new Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at The Hartford Financial Services Inc., Christopher J. Swift, discusses the regulatory challenges he sees the U.S. insurance industry facing: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=swift115.
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2015 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.