SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Redfin (www.redfin.com), the customer-first real estate brokerage, today announced the launch of its home-buying and selling services in Colorado Springs. People can now work with Redfin agents to buy and sell homes in the Colorado Springs metro area and El Paso County as well as Monument, Palmer Lake, Woodmoor, Black Forest, Falcon, Fountain, Security-Widefield and Woodland Park.
“Much like Denver and Boulder, Colorado Springs has a thriving tech sector,” said Redfin Regional Director Mark Reitman. “People here have heard from their friends and family in Denver, Boulder and other parts of the country about Redfin and are anticipating our arrival. We’ve been eager to extend our services to this city and moving into this market was a natural next step for Redfin.”
The Redfin model is different from that of other brokerages because it uniquely aligns agent and customer interests. Redfin agents are paid a salary and receive benefits, with customer satisfaction ratings — not transactions — determining each agent’s bonuses. All reviews for all Redfin agents are published on their online profiles, and 97 percent of customers would recommend their Redfin agent.
Redfin also works to put money back into the pockets of both its home-buying and selling customers. Redfin refunds homebuyers a portion of the buyer’s agent commission. To date, Redfin has saved its customers more than $175 million in real estate fees. For example, for a $350,000 home, a Redfin homebuyer in Colorado Springs would save more than $2,500 at closing. For listing clients, Redfin agents charge 1.5 percent rather than the typical 3 percent, while providing the full listing service, from pricing and staging advice and professional photography through the negotiation and closing processes. Someone selling a $350,000 home would save $5,250.
Redfin hired Kevin Kudrna to lead his team in Colorado Springs. Kudrna began his career in real estate seven years ago after having served in the Air Force for 11 years. He’s been helping people buy and sell homes in Colorado Springs for over five years.
With the arrival of Redfin, people in Colorado Springs can now use state-of-the art online and mobile tools to quickly access the most accurate and up-to-date information about homes for sale:
Selling with Redfin:
- Redfin Home Dashboard: A comprehensive online resource for home sellers that provides real-time data about their home.
- Redfin Home Value Tool: A more accurate way to find out what your home is worth using self-selected comparable homes for sale in your market.
- Redfin 3D Walkthrough: A new feature enabling homebuyers to get a high-resolution, photo-quality view from every perspective inside a Redfin agent-listed home.
Buying with Redfin:
- Instant Tour Scheduling: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Redfin Matchmaker: Software that recommends unexpected listings to Redfin clients.
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Search by School: Shows all the homes for sale served by a certain school with one easy search.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
Redfin is hosting a launch party that is open to the public in Colorado Springs on Wednesday, December 17, at Flatiron’s Grill from 6 to 8 p.m. For more details and to RSVP, please click here.
Connect with Redfin
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a customer-first real estate brokerage that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin has a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not salespeople, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin.com features all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don’t pay brokers a commission. Redfin also offers online tools that make the entire process of buying or selling a home easier and more fun. The company serves major markets across the U.S. and has closed nearly $20 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The DIGITAL 100: World’s Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider.