MARKHAM, Ontario--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Combined November sales of 14,544 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 6% increase versus last year’s sales, which breaks an eight-year-old November monthly sales record. The Honda Automobile Division reported November sales of 12,736 units, up 4% versus last year, which also achieves a best November monthly sales record. The Acura Division reported November sales of 1,808 units, up an impressive 23% over last year.
“Canadian consumers have embraced both the Fit and CR-V’s functionality and versatility, pushing Fit to set an all-time November sales record and helping the Honda brand achieve all-time best November sales. November CR-V sales actually reached new heights, surpassing its best ever monthly record in its Canadian history by over 300 units, which demonstrates CR-V’s strength in the marketplace,” said Dave Gardner, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Honda Canada Inc. “As winter approaches, Acura’s SUV offerings continue to perform well, helping RDX to achieve a monthly sales record for the third consecutive month.”
“We are extremely pleased that Honda Canada has broken an eight-year-old November sales record. We look forward to the final sales push for 2014 as we close out a successful year,” added Gardner.
- Honda Canada Inc. breaks an eight-year-old all-time November combined sales record (14,544 versus 14,053 in 2006)
- As AJAC’s Best New Small Car under $21,000, Honda Fit sales are up a staggering 138% versus the same period last year, setting an all-time November sales record (1,755 units versus 1,557 units in 2010)
- Honda Civic holds its position as the number one selling passenger car in Canada
- Honda CR-V saw double digit gains of 56% in November versus last year, setting the record for best monthly sales in its Canadian history (4,461 versus 4,104 in 2012)
- Acura TLX sales continue to be strong with 464 units sold in November
- Acura RDX sets a monthly sales record for the third consecutive month with 573 units sold (versus 522 units sold in 2013)
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than 6.5 million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $2.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than 4 million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.
|HONDA CANADA INC.||HONDA CANADA INC.|
|RETAIL SALES - MTD||RETAIL SALES - YTD|
|MODEL||2014||2013||% Change||Model||2014||2013||% Change|
|HONDA division||12,736||12,258||3.9%||HONDA division||140,959||133,689||5.4%|
|ACURA division||1,808||1,470||23.0%||ACURA division||17,649||17,231||2.4%|
|Honda Canada Inc.||14,544||13,728||5.9%||Honda Canada Inc.||158,608||150,920||5.1%|