DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p2clcv/costa_rica) has announced the addition of the "Costa Rica: Pending LTE Auction Will Help Balance Mobile Operators' Spectrum Holdings, Boosting Competition" report to their offering.
Costa Rica: LTE auction will help to balance spectrum distribution among operators, boosting competition in the mobile market,' a new Country Intelligence Report, offers a precise, incisive profile of Costa Rica's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Costa Rica market.
- The Costa Rican telecom and pay-TV market generated an estimated $1.2bn in service revenue in 2013, up 17.6% from the previous year. The mobile voice and data segments alone generated 64.2% of the total revenue of the sector, while the fixed broadband, fixed voice and pay-TV segments accounted for 35.8%.
- Costa Rica closed 2013 with 7.1m active mobile subscriptions and a penetration rate of 145.5%, above the Latin American average of 117.9%. We project that Costa Rica's mobile subscriber base will continue to expand from 2014 to 2019 at a 3.2% CAGR.
- The auction of 40 MHz of spectrum in the 1800MHz band and 30 MHz in the 1900/2100MHz bands during 2015 will balance spectrum distribution among operators, helping to boost competition.
- Broadband penetration in Costa Rica stood at 10.3% at the end of 2013, above the Latin American average (9.9%) and above the penetration of other Central American nations.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- Overall market opportunities
- igo Star
- Movistar Costa Rica
- Claro Costa Rica
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p2clcv/costa_rica