SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Glow, a data science company that focuses on women’s reproductive health and education, announced today the launch of postpartum support in its pregnancy app, Glow Nurture - an app modernizing pregnancy tracking and guidance to keep both mom and baby healthy every step of the way.
Often during the postpartum period the emphasis is on the baby, but mom is also still recovering. Resources about this time period are poorly lacking for women, while postpartum symptoms can occur in up to 80 percent of new mothers, with postpartum depression affecting 10 to 20 percent of women. Yet the topic is so taboo that many aren't getting the help and education they need to understand the changes new moms go through post-pregnancy. Glow is working to change that by offering both personalized health insights and resources for new moms.
The postpartum offering includes:
- Postpartum tasks and insights: Pulled from medical journals and our medical advisory board that continue to keep women informed about individual symptoms they’re experiencing.
- Breastfeeding log: Especially important because breastfeeding can affect both nutrition and sleep cycles - contributing factors to postpartum depression.
- Curated articles for new moms: Nurture now has more than 200 postpartum articles to help offer additional third party resources and suggestions for new moms.
- Comprehensive postpartum daily log: Helps users to keep track of symptoms and feelings, and produces personalized insights on physical health post baby.
- Supportive community: One of the strongest aspects of Glow has been its growing community and the power of connecting with others. With features like Glow Genius and the Glow Community, women can learn something new each and every day as well as connect with other women over shared experiences for additional support.
“The expectation is that having a baby is supposed to be a happy time in your life, so if depression or anxiety occur, it can cause guilt and isolation in new moms, compounded by the fact that it’s not a topic that is openly discussed. We truly believe postpartum information within Nurture can provide an avenue for new moms to better understand this period and as such, seek medical attention and support if needed. The focus is pointed so much toward the new bundle of joy, that sometimes the mom is overlooked. Both need to be happy and healthy in this early stage,” said Jennifer Tye, head of partnerships and marketing at Glow.
Building on Glow’s products, postpartum support in Nurture is a first for the industry. Whether a woman is trying to conceive, is currently pregnant or is a new mother, Glow uses data science to provide users with personalized information for a more customized, better experience.
Glow Nurture is available for free in the App Store worldwide. More information can be accessed within the app and at www.glowing.com.
Glow was founded by a team of technology veterans, including Max Levchin, co-founder of PayPal & chairman of Yelp. Glow is a data science company redefining health care and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. The Glow app was launched in August 2013, and Glow Nurture launched in July 2014. More information about Glow is available at: https://glowing.com/.