WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LivingSocial, the local marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city and beyond, today announced the launch of Connect, a communications toolkit for merchants to further engage and build relationships with customers acquired through the LivingSocial platform.
With the addition of the Connect features to LivingSocial’s Merchant Center, businesses can now:
- Personalize thank you emails to new customers that incorporate the business’ brand and voice;
- Customize emails with a business’ brand and voice to remind customers that a promotion is about to expire;
- Re-engage customers who purchased a LivingSocial deal by sending additional free offers or incentives with no additional fees to LivingSocial;
- Build their social brand by communicating with customers on multiple social media channels; and
- Review new customers’ ratings and respond to their comments and questions directly.
“Small and large businesses alike turn to LivingSocial for introductions to high-quality customers,” said Kerry Lenahan, vice president of product management at LivingSocial. “With Connect, businesses now have new ways to communicate with those customers, reaching them across multiple channels before they ever come through their doors and increasing the chances that newcomers become loyal fans.”
Before the nationwide launch, LivingSocial tested the new toolkit with more than 2,000 merchants in eight different markets over several months. During this time, businesses sent more than 18,000 custom thank you emails and provided LivingSocial consumers with more than 8,500 additional offers, which were claimed by 10 percent of available customers.
Arthur Hartunian at the Napa Valley Distillery used Connect to get customers to join its Distinguished Bar Club. “This is a valuable tool to let customers know that we appreciate their business and to keep them coming back. We were able to choose an incentive that made sense for our business and was meaningful for our customers.”
LivingSocial’s Merchant Center is the marketing platform that allows partnering merchants to track their LivingSocial promotions in real time, redeem vouchers, realize return on investment, collect valuable customer insights, and communicate directly with customers.