SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In order to provide consumers with an optimized connected health experience, A&D Medical, the worldwide leader in connected health and biometric measurement devices and services, today announced it has partnered with Salutron, an industry leader in wearable heart rate, activity and automatic sleep monitoring technology. Through the new partnership, A&D Medical is offering Salutron’s LifeTrak family of Bluetooth Smart® activity trackers as a core component of its new WellnessConnected® platform and suite of connected devices.
“Blending A&D Medical’s deep biometrics expertise in connected health and wellness with Salutron’s pioneering wearable technology gives us the opportunity to redefine the connected health user experience,” said Terry Duesterhoeft, President and CEO of A&D Medical. “With the integration of LifeTrak and WellnessConnected, consumers can now better manage their own health while healthcare and wellness service providers can manage their patients and members more efficiently and cost effectively.”
The LifeTrak family of wearable activity trackers is a powerful addition to A&D Medical's WellnessConnected platform, and provides consumers with such key features and benefits as:
- Full-screen Display: Consumers can view more data at a glance with the device’s larger screen display;
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The activity monitor provides ECG-accurate heart rate monitoring without needing a chest strap;
- Automatic Sleep Monitoring: The monitor automatically detects the beginning and ending of the sleep cycle and tracks micro-movements to determine the duration and quality of sleep;
- Calorie Tracking: The monitor provides more precise all-day calorie monitoring through an advanced algorithm which uses both body motion and heart rate data to compute activity levels and energy expenditure;
- Dynamic Distance Calibration: The pace-based distance calibration feature adjusts for stride length to provide more accurate activity monitoring;
- Active Graphic Displays with 7-Day History: The intuitive three-button navigation with context-driven display automatically resets at midnight and offers independent daily goal setting and a workout mode; and
- Ultra-Low Power Monitoring: The monitor features one-year battery life with no charging required.
“We felt A&D Medical’s technology leadership, WellnessConnected platform, and commitment to delivering an expanding suite of essential health and wellness devices make A&D a great partner for Salutron and will enhance the value of our LifeTrak connected activity monitor family,” said Mike Tsai, President and CEO of Salutron. “Working with A&D will allow us to further extend the reach of our innovative family of activity monitors into the existing medical and wellness markets that A&D serves in the U.S. and internationally.”
About A&D Medical
Since 1977, A&D Medical has manufactured and distributed a full line of advanced biometric monitoring solutions including blood pressure monitors, weight scales, activity monitors, and other health monitoring devices for consumer and professional use. A&D Medical is the worldwide leader in connected health and biometric measurement devices and services for consumer wellness and chronic condition management, marketing under the A&D brand globally and also the LifeSource brand in North America. A&D Medical is a division of A&D Company, a global manufacturer of measurement equipment, with operations in Asia, Europe, Australia, Russia, North America, and South America.
About Salutron, Inc.
Salutron, Inc., is an industry leader in heart rate monitoring technology for fitness and health equipment and products. Found in gyms across the globe, the company’s technology is incorporated into many name brands including, Precor, Nautilus, Star Trac, and Life Fitness. From the gym to your wrist, Salutron also offers accurate, durable and connected wearable devices for physiological monitoring on-the-go. The wearable devices, in band and watch format, are branded under LifeTrak and SmartHealth. Salutron technology has also been incorporated into many well-known private label brands including Timex, Reebok, New Balance, Sportline and Pro-Form. Products with Salutron’s technology can be found in major retailers including Sports Authority, Sport Chalet, Dick's Sporting Goods, Big 5, Best Buy, RadioShack, Frys, Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Costco, and Amazon. Additionally, Salutron develops physiological monitoring products for government agencies like DARPA, NASA, the US Army, and brings those innovative technologies to the everyday consumer. Salutron is privately held and based in Fremont, CA.
For more information on Salutron and LifeTrak products, please visit www.Lifetrakusa.com follow @MyLifeTrak.