ROSEMONT, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--US Foods®, one of the nation’s leading food suppliers, today announced the ten finalists of its Top Family Friendly Restaurants contest. From California to Connecticut, these restaurants represent the best in helping families create memorable dining experiences through food, family and fun.
"At US Foods, we’re always looking for ways to help our customers become more successful and keep their diners coming back for more,” said John Mueller, Vice President, Merchandising & Marketing, US Foods. “Family friendly dining goes beyond creating a great menu and this contest recognizes top restaurants from across the country that makes the entire dining experience enjoyable for kids and adults alike.”
The final round of the contest kicks off next week when US Foods Food Fanatics™ chefs will travel to all 10 restaurants to experience firsthand each restaurant’s unique family friendly qualities. Using information gathered by the Food Fanatics, the contest judging panel will then determine the top five restaurants – who will each receive a $2,000 credit for kitchen equipment and supplies from US Foods Culinary Equipment & Supplies®, a featured mention in the winter issue of Food Fanatics magazine and a profile on the Food Fanatics website.
The ten finalists are:
- Eckert's Country Restaurant in Belleville, Ill., which features family-style dishes and a year-round family farm
- Giuseppe’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria in Ruther Glen, Va., which allows kids to create their own pizzas
- JJ Twigs in Lake Ozark, Mo., known for its $1 kid’s menu and three large aquariums filled with local fish and turtles
- Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant in Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif., which offers kids menus with more than 17 mind games and puzzles
- The Mill Pizza Buffet and Games in Remerton, Ga., which offers a creative line up of kid-friendly pizzas and an arcade full of games for all ages
- Randy’s Wooster Street Pizza in Manchester, Conn., which offers a creative kid’s menu and weekly family fun nights
- Ruckus Pizza Pasta & Spirits in Morrisville, N.C., which offers family games and tasty homemade dishes
- Salty Iguana in Prairie Village, Kan., known for its kid-friendly menu and funky iguana wall décor
- Via’s Pizza & More in Topeka, Kan., known for its weekly Monday Kids Night
- White Fence Farm in Lakewood, Colo., a family restaurant that has its very own petting zoo
The Top Family Friendly Restaurants contest searches for the best family restaurants in the country. The ten finalists were chosen by a panel of culinary experts and judged on their kids’ menus, family friendliness and overall fun environment. The top five restaurants will be announced on Sept. 2, and the winter issue of Food Fanatics magazine will be available Nov. 10. For more information about the contest and to check out the final ten restaurants further detail, visit: www.usfoods.com/contest.
About US Foods
As one of America’s great food companies and leading distributors, US Foods is Keeping Kitchens Cooking™ and making life easier for customers, including independent and multi-unit restaurants, healthcare and hospitality entities, government and educational institutions. With approximately $22 billion in annual revenue, the company offers more than 350,000 products, including high-quality, exclusive brands such as the innovative Chef’s Line®, a time-saving, chef-inspired line of scratch-quality products, and Rykoff Sexton®, a premium line of specialty ingredients sourced from around the world. The company proudly employs approximately 25,000 people in more than 60 locations nationwide. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and jointly owned by affiliates of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice LLC and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. Discover more at www.usfoods.com.