ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--iDriveThru.com Inc., a New Jersey based company that uses toll-tag technology to facilitate mobile payments, has won the 2014 Innovative Solution Award for Best Payment Processing Technology.
The Innovative Solution Awards were established by Vertical Systems Reseller (VSR) magazine and the Retail Solutions Providers Association (RSPA) to honor companies that have blended multiple technologies to create outstanding and future-forward solutions. The Best Payment Processing Technology Award recognizes that iDriveThru has made significant progress in the payment processing space.
“Although smart-phone based mobile payments work great inside the restaurant, they’re not ideal for the drive-thru, where approximately 70% of fast food purchases take place,” said Eli Grinvald, CEO of iDriveThru. “Ours is a hands-free solution for when you’re driving – no need to reach for your wallet or your phone. And, with over 110 million toll-tags and parking tags already on car windshields, plus the option of using an iDriveThru tag or Bluetooth enabled device, we have a platform that can easily be activated throughout the entire U.S., either as a stand-alone mobile payment method or as an add-on to a merchant’s existing mobile payment platform.”
How iDriveThru Works:
- All five Wendy’s drive-thru restaurants on Staten Island use iDriveThru’s technology to allow customers to pay for their food using a credit, debit or prepaid card that is linked to their toll-tags (such as E-ZPass*).
- iDriveThru enables merchants to automatically identify their customers as they approach the drive-thru menu board and facilitates automatic payment, loyalty and personalized service.
- Customers no longer have to stop to pay – they simply place their orders, skip the payment window, and drive directly to the pick-up window (to get their food faster).
- Customers receive a real-time e-mail receipt to their smart-phones showing their iDriveThru purchases.
- As an alternative to linking a customer’s existing toll-tag to their payment card, iDriveThru also supports linking a customer’s windshield mounted parking tag to their payment card. iDriveThru can even provide an “iDriveThru tag” to those customers that don’t have a toll-tag or a parking tag.
- Customers can sign up for iDriveThru at any Staten Island Wendy’s drive-thru restaurant or at iDriveThru.com.
*iDriveThru is not affiliated with E-ZPass or any other electronic toll-collection system.