MINNEAPOLIS & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Stacy London, Style Ambassadress for Hollywood Fashion Secrets, the creator of double-side Fashion Tape® and the Style Essentials product category, today revealed secrets, tips and tricks so women of all ages can head back to school with flawless style while sporting the latest trends from sweaters, ankle rolled boyfriend jeans and other denim looks, as well as leggings, tights and the darker hues for the season.
“We are on a mission to create a wardrobe malfunction-free America – eliminating everything from peek-a-boo bra straps and ripped hems to deodorant marks on tops and slouching knee highs -- and that means sharing with women of all ages the tricks of the trade that deliver undercover wardrobe magic that help us all look perfectly put together,” said London. “These Style Essentials expertly erase, lift, hide, secure, tuck, tighten and hem to empower women to style themselves with greater confidence, especially when trying out a new trend.”
Here are some top back-to-school trends enabled by Hollywood Fashion Secrets revealed from Stacy London today:
Denim – Denim + school go hand-in-hand and today’s denim trends offer
a range of styles from skinny to torn-up bagging boyfriend jean, where
the ankle roll is a de rigueur. Here are some key tips to
wearing the season’s most popular back-to-school pant:
- Sometimes the tight roll loses its structure as you walk. Keep the ankle roll perfectly in place with Hollywood Fashion Tape scrunched in and hidden among the folds.
- The Hip Hugger back belt closes the common back-of-jeans gap so many endure. In order to fit the booty, we size up, only to have an ill-fit waist. This tool is super comfortable and it truly works.
- If you want to tuck your jeans into boots from ankle to mid and tall shaft heights, use the Boot Straps. These genius thin Velcro straps are adjustable from ankle to calf and they keep your pants down while pulling boots up to delivers a sleek finish!
- Sweaters – fall equals sweater season and we’ll see them in a range of knits including wool, cashmere and cotton blends. Let’s face it, they pill! Keep them looking their best with the Sweater Saver Stone, a natural pumice-based brick that de-pills sweaters and other fabrics like magic. This stone also works on leggings, tights, even blankets and throws. We’ve even heard from a fan that de-pilled her entire couch with the stone, saving hundreds of dollars.
- Sleeveless – With all the global climate changes, heading back to school no longer means wearing your fave fall outfit on the first day. It means heading back to campus in your summer sleeveless! And those classrooms and dorm rooms can be stuffy and warm. Keep bra straps under-wraps in sleeveless tops, especially racer-back looks, with the Bra Converter Clip.
- Knee Highs – If you're into a classic school girl look, there is nothing more distracting than constantly bending over and yanking and adjusting your socks, or having them slouch. Keep ‘em up with Hollywood Fashion Tape.
- Oversized Bows – Tops with flouncy oversized bows offer a feminine vibe this back-to-school season. Use Accessory Dots to keep the bows in place and maintain a more polished look.
- Darker Hues -- While orange may be the new black, most of us will still being wearing black and darker shades as we transition into fall. These darker hues mean deodorant stains will show more than ever. Get rid of these pesky marks with no water and one swoop with the Deodorant Removing Sponge -- one of my ultimate faves in the collection.
About Stacy London
Since 2002, Stacy London has been best known as the straight talking co-host on TLC's hit show, What Not To Wear. Part psychologist, part style maven, Stacy utilizes her sassy sense of humor to help improve one's appearance not only on the outside, but also by helping to boost self-confidence from the inside. She started her career in 1991 as an assistant at Vogue Magazine and in 1996 was appointed as Senior Fashion Editor at Mademoiselle where she worked until 2000. She has styled runway shows for such designers as Rebecca Taylor and Vivienne Tam and has worked with renowned celebrities like Kate Winslet and Katie Holmes. She is the President of Super Long Play, a television and digital content production company, which produced Big Brooklyn Style for TLC. She is the author of the New York Times Best-Seller, The Truth About Style, published by Viking. She has guest-hosted on The Today Show, The View and Anderson Live, and has appeared on Access Hollywood, The Wendy Williams Show, Dr. Oz and various other national news and entertainment programs. Previous brand work includes Pantene, Lee Jeans, Woolite, Dr Scholls, and Westfield Malls. She lives in Brooklyn with her cat Baby Al, too many shoes and not enough closet space.
About Hollywood Fashion Secrets
Hollywood Fashion Secrets, based in Minneapolis, Minn., is the originator of Fashion Tape(R) and the creator of the Style Essentials category, a new product category in the fashion and beauty industry aimed at delivering useful, everyday items, tips, tricks and secrets that help women solve daily fashion and beauty challenges and side-step wardrobe malfunctions. Founded in 2001 with its first product, Hollywood Fashion Tape® -- the original Fashion Tape -- the team arrived on the fashion scene intent on helping women keep garments perfectly in place. From keeping deep plunging necklines intact for special occasion styles and solving cardigan gaps for everyday dressing to executing on-trend layering looks and DIY fashion with ease, HFS’ Fashion Tape has been there from the beginning. Since its launch, the company has sold more Fashion Tape than any other brand – over 40 million feet of tape – enough to stretch from New York City to Milan and back again!
Today, the company’s product collection covers a range of 30-plus Style Essential items including the Breast, Bra and Nipple collection with such innovative necessities as breast lift tape, silicone nipple concealers, clear bra straps, breast enhancers and bra converting clips; the Fashion Tape line offers a range of Fashion Tape solutions from varying length strips and shapes to accessory dots and the industry’s first refillable Fashion Tape Gun; the Clothing Care line includes the Sweater Saver stone, deodorant removing sponge and garment shields, among others; the Pant Alteration assortment offers the Hip Hugger back belt, Boot Straps for a snug jean into boots tuck-in and temporary hem tape to adjust jean length for heels to flats; as well as the Wedding assortment delivering a range of special occasion items for the bride and bridal party to get ahead of common styling snafus on the big day. New product ideas are inspired by women everywhere, who rely on HFS and regularly contact the team with their daily styling challenges. HFS is dedicated to solutions that work and is the definitive voice on Style Essentials and solution secrets to provide women the ability to feel fabulous and fearless no matter what they’re wearing. The company’s Style Essential items can be found at national retailers such as ULTA, Old Navy, Bed, Bath and Beyond, JoAnn, CVS and others, as well as www.hollywoodfashionsecrets.com.
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/hollywoodfashionsecrets; follow us on Twitter: @HOLLYWOOD_FS.