POMONA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--QNAP, Inc a global network attached storage (NAS) company, today announced that it is now shipping its new HS-251 and TS-x51 Series Turbo NAS which feature a potent Intel® Celeron® dual-core processor, a solid upgrade from the Atom processor and come standard with the latest QTS 4.1 operating system along with various new apps and features, such as built-in transcoding engine, HD media center and Virtualization Station.
Both HS-251 and TS-x51 series pack a powerful storage backup with swift streaming capability including both on-the-fly and offline transcoding, an ideal home theater solution for streaming and storing your multimedia files. In addition, the TS-x51 is also the world’s FIRST virtualization ready NAS with its Virtualization Station feature that allows users to create and manage VM from the NAS.
TS-x51 combines high performance and cutting-edge features such as:
- Intel Celeron dual core 2.41 GHz processor and 1GB DDR3L memory deliver up to 220MB/s read & write speed. (Memory expandable up to 8GB)
- On-the-fly and offline Full HD video transcoding.
- Built-in virtual machine technology.*
- Up to 7.1 channel audio pass-through and high-quality multimedia playback with HD Station via HDMI along with integrated XBMC v12 media player.
- Personal cloud for creating a multimedia library with DLNA, AirPlay, and Plex support
Centralized storage for file sharing and backup
*Feature not available on the HS-251
The Private Cloud Evolution
QNAP is the world's first NAS solution provider which realizes both Cloud Storage and Virtual Computing on its NAS devices. With the introduction of the Virtualization Station, an industry first, QNAP users now not only can have their own private cloud storage but also have the ability to set up and run virtual servers on the NAS. On the QNAP private cloud platform, you can easily host different virtual machines on the NAS for your home or a small business.
For more information on the TS-x51 series and the full QNAP Turbo NAS lineup, including where to buy, please visit www.qnap.com.