SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Citrix today announced customers who are transforming their businesses with Citrix mobile workspace solutions, demonstrating how its virtualization, networking and cloud services technologies empower new ways for people to work better. With consumerization, mobility and BYOD continuing to impact and evolve the workplace, industry analysts estimate the emerging mobile workspaces market is set to grow 15 times in the next three years1. With Citrix XenDesktop®, XenApp®, XenMobile®, ShareFile®, GoToMeeting® and NetScaler® offerings, Citrix continues to provide a complete mobile workspace solution that securely delivers apps, desktops, files and services to any user, on any device over any network – all with an intuitive user experience. As a result, workers gain access to a portable, always on, always connected working environment that follows them no matter where they go, no matter what device they choose to use, and no matter what method of connectivity they happen to be leveraging. No other vendor provides the breadth of capabilities – from app and desktop virtualization, to secure mobile app and device management, to cloud networking – that are needed to enable the delivery of comprehensive and personalized mobile workspaces.
The mobile and cloud era is marked by the rapid emergence of devices, app platforms, millennial generation, social media and globalization that are driving dramatic changes in how IT organizations respond. With 61 percent of information workers today now working outside the office2 and using an average of three or more devices a day for work purposes3, and 72 percent of workers feeling unequipped with the technology necessary to get their jobs done outside the office4, organizations are struggling with how to embrace business mobility. Moreover, technology decision makers are seeing security challenges in how to provide technology to these workers, with 67 percent expressing concerns about data protection on mobile devices5.
Today’s forward-thinking IT organizations are leveraging mobile workspace solutions from Citrix to enable seamless access to mobile, web and Windows apps, data and collaboration tools, while securely delivering services regardless of where or how they need to be accessed. As a result, they are achieving increased business agility and transforming the way their employees and customers work. Here are a few examples of how Citrix customers are leveraging the power of a mobile workspace:
- Mobile workspaces deliver access to patient records. A large U.S. healthcare organization needed a solution to protect highly sensitive patient records while enabling clinicians and doctors to access documents from anywhere. With the implementation of a Citrix mobile workspace strategy, the organization is now able to meet HIPAA compliance requirements and deliver real-time access to critical patient information.
- Mobile workspaces enable Department of Justice to meet compliance requirements. A state Department of Justice (DOJ) provides its employees, including law enforcement officers, with secure access to critical criminal justice information on mobile devices while meeting department and government compliance policies. Describing the technology as a “law enforcement game changer,” the DOJ highlighted that the Citrix mobile workspace solution has enabled them to increase productivity across multiple departments.
- Mobile workspaces enable collaboration. The need for secure mobility isn’t just limited to traditional businesses. An elementary school leverages Citrix collaboration technology to hold classes during a snowstorm to keep from tacking on make-up days at the end of the school year. Teachers were able to broadcast the scheduled lessons to their students via iPads, allowing the students to attend classes from home in a safe and secure environment.
“Mobile workspaces are playing a key role in addressing the new organizational imperative around secure mobility,” said Mark Bowker, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “The Citrix mobile workspace solution addresses these needs by providing security and control for IT, while giving employees the flexibility to work from anywhere, on the device of their choice with access to all the apps, data and collaboration tools they need to work like they are in the office.”
“Citrix has been providing customers access to apps and data since it was founded 25 years ago,” said Steve Daheb, chief marketing officer, Citrix. “As technology has become a seamless part of people’s work and personal lives, Citrix has removed the barriers for secure delivery of apps, desktops, files and services to any user, on any device, anywhere. The variety of examples from our customers speak for themselves. Each of them is leveraging the industry’s most complete mobile workspace solution from Citrix to empower people to choose when, where and how work gets done, giving them a new level of freedom, flexibility and choice that is helping organizations to succeed in this dynamic and transformative mobile era.”
Mobile Workspace Strategy and Innovation at Citrix Synergy 2014
The Citrix Synergy™ conference will take place May 6-8, 2014, at the Anaheim Convention Center in Los Angeles, California. This global event will provide strategic insights into mobile workspaces, including:
- Mobility strategy: BYOD, flex-work and telework, secure app, data and device mobility, business continuity, security and compliance
- Mobility in key industries: healthcare, financial services, education, public sector
- Mobility technologies: enterprise mobility management, desktop and app virtualization, secure data sharing, app stores, cloud networking and public/private/hybrid clouds
- Blog: Mobile Workspaces Enable Organizations To Keep Up With a Changing Workforce
- Blog: Mobile Workspaces – The Future of Work (and Life)
- Video: Mobile Workspaces Offer New Ways to Work
- Infographic: Mobile Workspaces Enable People with New Ways to Work
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in virtualization, networking and cloud services to enable new ways for people to work better. Citrix solutions help IT and service providers to build, manage and secure virtual and mobile workspaces that seamlessly deliver apps, desktops, data and services to anyone, on any device, over any network or cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive with mobile workstyles. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million people globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix®, XenApp®, XenDesktop®, XenMobile®, Citrix Sharefile®, NetScaler®, GoToMeeting® and Citrix Synergy™ are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
1 Gartner, Inc., Market Guide for Workspace Aggregators, January 2, 2014
2 Forrester Research Inc., Business Technographics Application and Collaboration Workforce Survey, Q4 2013
4 Forrester Research Inc., Business Technographics Telecom And Mobility Workforce Survey, Q2 2013
5 Forrester Research Inc., Business Technographics Security Survey, Q2 2013