CHARLOTTE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--According to findings released today from Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group (CG, www.carlisleandgallagher.com), a management and technology consulting firm serving the financial services industry, 68 percent of consumers would never use a social media channel to solve a problem with their bank.
In September 2013, CG surveyed 1,002 U.S. consumers online to uncover the important drivers for financial institutions to be successful in managing customer complaints and social media preparedness.
Key Study Findings:
- 90 percent of consumers prefer to discuss their problems in private with their bank
- 68 percent of consumers would never use a social media channel to solve a problem with their bank
- 52 percent of consumers believe banks use of social media is ineffective
- 87 percent find banks use of social media annoying, boring or unhelpful
- BE PREPARED: One in three would use social media to complain. Consumers willing to complain use the following social media channels:
- Facebook – 54%
- Twitter – 18%
- LinkedIn – 12%
- Blogs – 10%
- Other – 6%
“In today’s world of instant gratification, customer demands will continue to increase and it is the financial institution’s responsibility to anticipate and to plan for that demand,” said Dr. Patricia Sahm, CG’s Customer Experience and Channels practice lead. “Social media serves as the bellwether in customer care, enabling intimate and yet public conversations between customers and their banks.”
Download a copy of CG’s research report on customer complaint management, “Are Two Calls Too Many in the Eyes of the Customer?” http://carlisleandgallagher.com/lp/customer-complaint.html
About Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group
Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group (CG) is a management and technology consulting firm that delivers large-scale, complex technology solutions for the world’s leading financial services organizations. We help our clients solve their most critical business and technology problems. Headquartered in Charlotte, NC, CG is inspired to help our stakeholders succeed – from clients to employees to the communities in which we live and work. For more information, visit www.carlisleandgallagher.com.