AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Every great innovation starts as an idea. Through a unique culture of collaboration, 3M powers ideas around the world – ideas that make companies smarter, ideas that make homes better, ideas that make life easier. However, no solution would be possible if those ideas did not spark new and dynamic connections among technologies or people. At South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive, 3M will host the 3M Idea Exchange Lounge to encourage SXSW attendees to connect, collaborate, explore and share ideas forward.
The 3M Idea Exchange will be open March 7-9 from 11am - 6pm at Brush Square Park in Austin, Texas (next to the Austin Convention Center at the intersection of East 4th Street & Trinity). Lounge attendees will have the opportunity to:
Explore some of 3M’s most innovative technologies including:
- The newest LED lighting solutions and glass films from 3M’s Architectural Markets business, which mix and manage light to transform spaces.
- 3M Multi-touch displays powered by innovative applications that allow engaging and collaborative interactive experiences.
- 3M Quantum Dot Enhancement Film used to make LCD-based smart phones, tablets and televisions more brilliant, with true to life colors and energy efficiency.
- 3M Novec Fluids – a revolutionary class of environmentally sustainable chemicals that not only provide fire protection and cool data centers, but also clean and coat electronics.
- 3M adhesives so strong they help hold buildings together.
- 3M Touch Film that offers new design possibilities for curved and flexible touch screens in devices.
- A futuristic outerwear prototype that features various 3M technologies, such as 3M Thinsulate Insulation, 3M Scotchlite Reflective Materials and 3M Scotchgard Protector.
- Recharge mobile devices, connect with 3M innovators and other SXSW attendees.
- Enjoy free cocktails & cupcakes from 3-6 pm each day.
- Receive free samples of Post-it Products and 3M Privacy Screen Protectors, while supplies last.
- See a live art demonstration from Amsterdam-based Street Artist, Max Zorn, known for his creative integration of brown Scotch Packaging Tape and light to create portraits.
In the spirit of 3M’s culture of innovation that thrives on the sharing of ideas, 3M will also be rewarding change-makers at SXSW who connect and inspire change for the better in the world, giving away a total of $10,000. Whether it’s an original idea or an idea trending at SXSW, every idea shared via Twitter with #3MIdeaExchange will inflate the 3M Idea Balloon at the lounge space. The SXSW attendees with the ideas that pop the balloon will each win $500. 3M will also be tracking the most popular ideas with an “idea cloud” on display at the 3M Idea Exchange Lounge.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $31 billion in sales, 3M employs about 89,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
3M, Post-it, Scotch, Thinsulate, Scotchlite, Scotchgard, and Novec are registered trademarks of 3M Company.
SXSW and South by Southwest are registered trademarks of SXSW, Inc.