MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AnchorFree, the global leader in consumer security, privacy and Internet freedom, today announced that it is extending Hotspot Shield VPN, the world's most trusted privacy, security and Web access tool, to small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Previously offered as individual subscriptions, Hotspot Shield, which has been downloaded by more than 175 million users worldwide, is now available to SMBs for $99 per month for up to 50 business users.
The new offering comes in response to growing demand from small businesses for products to protect employees from cyber threats. According to Verizon’s 2013 Data Breach Investigations Report, 75 percent of all cyber security attacks were opportunistic, meaning they were not targeted at a specific individual or company and 74 percent of online attacks against small businesses occurred because they exhibited a weakness attackers knew how to exploit. Further, seven out of 10 data breaches affecting small organizations involved hacking. Hotspot Shield prevents hackers from stealing sensitive data from SMBs, ensuring that browsing sessions remain private and blocking over 3.5 million malware sites.
"Business communication is no longer confined to the four walls of an office – it is conducted on planes, in coffee shops and at airports, often on personal mobile devices – allowing important and sensitive data to fall into the wrong hands and putting businesses at serious risk,” said David Gorodyansky, founder and CEO of AnchorFree. “Hackers are combing Wi-Fi networks looking for opportunities to strike and they are not just attacking large companies. Nearly one out of three reported data breaches occurs in a business under 100 employees. Whether on the road or in the office, Hotspot Shield encrypts employees’ internet communications and detects and blocks malware, protecting all Internet communication and securing customer and employee data."
AnchorFree’s Hotspot Shield Elite VPN for SMBs features:
- Wi-Fi Network Protection – Public Wi-Fi networks are inherently unsecure. Hotspot Shield VPN encrypts all internet communications and prevents hackers from stealing sensitive data and business communications.
- Access to all Internet Content – Hotspot Shield provides access to all local Internet content while travelling abroad. Increase productivity with the ability to access VPNs on U.S., U.K., or other servers from anywhere in the world, communicate with employees and access and share local files.
- Privacy Protection – Hotspot Shield’s VPN service protects privacy by protecting IP addresses. This enables the user to conduct business activities in private and prevents the tracking of online activities.
- Malware Protection – Hotspot Shield’s VPN blocks and detects over 3.5 million malware sites, protecting the user from hackers and cyber thieves.
- Botnet Protection – Hotspot Shield detects and intercepts botnet packets, preventing employees’ devices from unwittingly being used in the service of cybercriminal botnets.
To order Hotspot Shield Elite VPN for SMBs, visit: http://hotspotshield.com/vpn-for-small-business. Hotspot Shield is available for PC, Mac, iOS and Android.
AnchorFree's mission is to provide secure browsing, privacy and freedom to the more than 1.6 billion people around the world who are in need of a secure browsing solution or freedom to access internet content. AnchorFree does this through Hotspot Shield, the world's most popular privacy, security and Web access tool. Hotspot Shield ensures safe, private Web browsing and disrupts censorship of commonly blocked content such as breaking news, social networking and search engines. Hotspot Shield is available for PC, Mac, Apple iOS, and Android platforms at www.AnchorFree.com. AnchorFree is a privately held, venture-backed company based in Mountain View, Calif.