AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aspyr Media, Inc., the leader in Mac game publishing, announced today that Activision Publishing, Inc.’s record-setting Call of Duty®: Black Ops will be coming to the Mac. Developed originally by award-winning studio Treyarch and brought to the Mac by Aspyr Media, the Mac version of the epic Call of Duty® blockbuster will be available on Macs worldwide in digital and boxed formats this fall.
Call of Duty: Black Ops takes players to conflicts across the globe as elite black operations forces fight in the deniable operations and secret wars that occurred under the veil of the Cold War. Featuring an adrenaline-pumping single-player campaign, out-of-this-world Zombies co-operative game mode, and an incredibly deep multiplayer experience, Call of Duty: Black Ops delivers the complete Call of Duty experience with amazing enhanced graphics, streaming texture technology, and superior lighting effects for the most immersive and cinematic action.
“Aspyr has worked with the biggest brands in the entertainment world, but the launch of the original Call of Duty: Black Ops for Apple fans is our biggest in 17 years. Treyarch has created a masterpiece and we are thrilled to launch later this year,” said Ted Staloch, Aspyr’s Executive Vice President.
- The hallmark intensity of Call of Duty returns with a cinematically intense single-player campaign that takes players deep behind enemy lines as an elite Black Ops soldier engaging in covert warfare, classified operations, and explosive conflicts across the globe.
- ZOMBIES! For the first time on the Mac, fight to survive in one of the most thrilling and critically acclaimed co-op experiences in gaming.
Expanding on the series' ultimate multiplayer experience, Call
of Duty: Black Ops takes competitive play to new heights.
Expect the fast-paced, action-packed combat you love with more
features than ever before:
- All new Killstreaks including Napalm Strikes, the remote controlled explosive device (RC Car), and controllable helicopters.
- Customize the look of your soldiers with a variety of face paints, gun camos, and equipment options.
- Jump into Combat Training and hone your tactics against A.I. bots in both Free-For-All and Team Deathmatch game modes.
- First Strike! Escalation! Annihilation! Rezurrection! All four packs of Call of Duty: Black Ops DLC are scheduled to arrive on the Mac later this year. More details to be released soon.
For more information on Call of Duty: Black Ops Mac, please visit: http://aspyr.com.
Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer, wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc. whose previous game Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track.
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products. Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, mainland China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company’s website, www.activision.com.
About Aspyr Media
Aspyr Media, Inc. is the leading publisher of Mac games, bringing blockbuster gaming franchises including Call of Duty®, Sid Meier’s Civilization®, Star Wars®, DOOM® to Mac computers around the world. Headquartered in Austin, TX, Aspyr develops, markets and sells games for the Mac which are delivered through physical retail and digital download services. More information about Aspyr and its games may be found at www.aspyr.com. All marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2012 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY are registered trademarks and CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS is a trademark of Activision Publishing, Inc.