LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With KB Home’s unique homebuying experience, consumers have the freedom to design nearly every aspect of their home – both inside and out. An increasingly popular design trend among KB Home customers is an emphasis on ‘seamless’ outdoor living. More and more homebuyers are optimizing their outdoor spaces by taking the comforts of the indoors outside using the standard and customizable components showcased in model homes and at KB Home’s Design Studios as inspiration.
In general, installing outdoor living features during the building process can be more economical and convenient for a homebuyer. By including these details with their brand new KB home, homeowners can have the outdoor lifestyle they want the day they move in, and may even be able to factor potential costs into their mortgage. Among the customizable features that may be available to KB homebuyers are:
- Accordion or multi-slide pocket exterior doors that allow homeowners to expand their home’s living and entertaining space. With one slight adjustment, the wall between a great room and the patio disappears, creating a seamless flow between the indoors and outdoors.
- Patios can be personalized with extensions to expand a great room living area, and with built-in covers for homeowners to enjoy their patio in almost any weather.
- Balconies attached to bedrooms are available in many KB Home floor plans and offer a private place to relax and enjoy surrounding views.
- Outdoor kitchens can make backyard barbecues and other family gatherings a breeze for homeowners who love to host.
- Outdoor fireplaces make any outdoor space a cozy place to keep warm by the fire all year round.
- Ceiling fans can be installed in outdoor living areas to help homeowners cool off on hot days.
- Multi-room audio systems can be integrated into the walls of a KB home to play music in any room of the house and from speakers installed in patios, decks, and other outdoor living spaces.
- Water-efficient landscaping packages offer trees, plants, ground cover and irrigation systems that can be put in place before move-in. In arid climates, low-maintenance, drought-tolerant landscaping is available to help homeowners minimize their water use and reduce water bills.
- Pool prewiring can be built in to conveniently accommodate the installation of an inground pool.
- Digital flat-panel prewiring makes it easier to install flat-screen TV’s and experience the best in at-home entertainment, both inside the home and out.
- Connected equipment for gas, electric, and water lines supply resources for outdoor lighting, gas fire pits, barbecues, sinks and other outside enhancements.
KB homes with these and other outdoor living choices are available in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Texas and Virginia. More information is available at www.kbhome.com or by calling 888-KB-HOMES.
About KB Home
KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilding companies in the United States. Since its founding in 1957, the company has built more than half a million quality homes. KB Home's unique homebuilding approach lets each buyer customize their new home from lot location to floor plan and design features. As a leader in utilizing state-of-the-art sustainable building practices, all KB homes are highly energy efficient and meet strict ENERGY STAR® guidelines. This helps to lower monthly utility costs for homeowners, which the company demonstrates with its proprietary KB Home Energy Performance Guide® (EPG®). KB Home has been named an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award winner for four straight years and a WaterSense® Partner of the Year for three consecutive years. A FORTUNE 1,000 company, Los Angeles-based KB Home was the first homebuilder listed on the New York Stock Exchange, and trades under the ticker symbol "KBH." For more information about KB Home's new home communities, call 888-KB-HOMES or visit www.kbhome.com.