Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Work Schedule (days/hours of position):
The role of Contracts Manager reports to either the General Counsel or a similar Counsel position and
serves Business Wire’s Legal Department regarding legal projects and issues related, but not limited
to, assisting Contract and Legal Administrators and the day to day duties regarding contract
management for the Legal Department. Those duties include, but are not limited to, sales agreements
and related compliance documents and vendor agreements.
• Review, negotiate, draft, and edit legally binding agreements including but not limited to service,
vendor, membership, and partner/affiliate agreements
• Coordinate with the Legal team to maintain contract archive, track contract life cycle, etc.
• Assist in researching and monitoring new legal developments that could impact Business Wire
• Maintain high level of understanding of Business Wire’s internal components (such as Sales, Editorial,
Accounts Receivable) and their functions, processes, products and services
• Helps maintains all standard forms such as Membership, NDA, SOW, and others in accordance with
Legal Department policies and procedures.
• Communicate and enforce company policies regarding contract management, financial terms, and
internal legal procedures.
• Review Business Wire’s template agreements and propose updates and revisions as necessary
• Administer and track sales contracts to ensure Business Wire compliance with contract terms and
fulfillment of contractual obligations
• Assist Business Wire internal clients with contract analysis to determine scope of potential contracts
• Assist Business Wire internal clients with coordination and preparation of Business Wire responses to
RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs
• Maintain thorough knowledge of basic contract law
• Certification or equivalent work experience in legal environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills that include ability to objectively interpret and
understand literal and intended context of written documentation
• Ability to effectively negotiate contracts on Business Wire’s behalf and interests
• Good organization skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently
• Ability to work effectively with a variety of people
• Sense of Humor
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Via E-mail: email@example.com
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No phone calls.