Software Quality Assurance Tester
Job Title: Software Quality Assurance Tester
Summary of Position:
Business Wire, Inc. is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Tester who will be responsible for testing our web sites and applications. Business Wire, a 55 year old innovative and successful company, is a global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosures. This position primarily involves manual testing and focuses on user experience and functionality. We’re looking for someone who has the ability to grow and advance within the position and the organization.
Key benefits of the position include:
- The chance to work with a small group of talented and motivated developers in an agile development environment
- The opportunity to make a big impact in an area with a high degree of visibility within the company
- A prime office location in the Financial District close to BART, the Ferry Building, and the Transbay Terminal
- Outstanding facilities (newly renovated state-of-the-art office in a class A building)
- Excellent work-life balance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding and following test plans
- Executing test cases
- Reporting on product quality using a variety of methods
- Performing reliability, regression, usability, stress, performance, security and other types of testing as appropriate
- Conscientiously tracking bugs using our bug tracking tool
- Demonstrating reliability through good attendance and punctuality
- Working as a team member performing any and all functions necessary for successful operation as determined by the QA manager
- One year or more experience in software testing or development or a related field
- Proven ability to do black box or other types of testing
- Ability to test client-server, mobile, web and other applications
- Good working knowledge of commonly used office applications
- Basic HTML, CSS and XML knowledge or the capability to learn quickly
- Basic understanding of software development methodologies
- The ability to pay strict attention to detail and exceptional observational skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to work effectively with a variety of people
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- The ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time
- The ability to perform repetitive motions needed for typing and mousing
About Business Wire:
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the leading source of news on major U.S. corporations, including Fortune 1000 and NASDAQ companies. The company electronically distributes full-text news releases for public and investor relations professionals simultaneously to the news media, the Internet, online services and databases, and the worldwide investment community. For more information, please visit our award-winning Web site: http://www.businesswire.com.
We are conveniently located in downtown San Francisco and offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, dental, vision, education, fitness reimbursement programs, 401(k), and paid time off. Come join us and work for a company that has a 55 year track record of success in the news distribution industry!
To apply, please send a cover letter and attached to Business Wire via email with “QA Tester” in the subject line to:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No phone calls.
No Sponsorship available.