Network Security Engineer
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Job Title: Network Security Engineer
Are you looking for the opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic organization that is team focused and mission driven? Then come join us in the heart of the San Francisco Financial District, just half a block from the Embarcadero BART/MUNI Metro station.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for security, the drive to solve challenges, and an overdeveloped need to protect your network. As an integral member of the Information Security team, the Network Security Engineer is responsible for the implementation, support, and monitoring of security related network systems and processes. Through designing security solutions that support a suite of confidential Internet services, this person must be able to tackle and solve the latest InfoSec challenges with innovative solutions that ensure network integrity, client requirements and industry standards.
If you have these skills and the drive to excel, then please apply now!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support a layered network security infrastructure with advanced firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Security Event and Incident Management, network malware detection, Wireless Intrusion Prevention (WIPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN), etc.
- Perform security audits using automated and manual tools for network configuration reviews, threat modeling, and firewall ruleset reviews, vulnerability identification, configuration compliance, etc.
- Regularly interface with various organizational stakeholders (e.g., Network Operations, Systems Administration, Software Development, Middleware & Database, etc.) and contribute toward the achievement of IT and business objectives
- Work closely with developers and corporate security teams to identify and remediate security issues
- Serve as on-call security resource to troubleshoot operational break-fix issues
- Serve as on-call security incident response utilizing Security Event and Incident Management system as necessary to track, monitor, and respond to security-related events in accordance with organizational policies and Security Incident Response Procedures
- Author architectural documentation and change requests in accordance with organizational policies and Technology Change Management Procedures
- Provide performance, compliance, security violation and other reports for security related events
- Perform network traces (packet captures) and query/mine logging infrastructure to investigate and/or troubleshoot performance issues, security incidents, etc.
- Demonstrate success through good attendance, punctuality, and effective completion of assigned tasks.
- Work as a team member performing any and all functions necessary for the successful operation of the company as determined by Management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience supporting enterprise networks in a CISO IOS environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Network Security professional
- One or more security certifications such as CCNA/CCNP, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, etc.
- Expert level experience with firewalls, routers, switches, WAPs, load balancers, and gateway devices, appliances and software
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP protocol and inherent security vulnerabilities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of people
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Business Wire offers a fulfilling, stable environment with an emphasis on work/life balance.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, a dental/vision/education/fitness reimbursement program, 401(k), and Paid Time Off.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.businesswire.com/
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No phone calls.