Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. Investor relations, public relations, public policy and marketing professionals rely on Business Wire to accurately distribute market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and IR websites, build content marketing platforms, generate social engagements and provide audience analysis that improves interaction with specified target markets.
BW Office: Toronto, Canada
Job Title: Marketing Specialist
As the Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for the marketing services and planning in respective local country/territory working within BW’s marketing and business framework.
Identify the needs of the local market and customers, and work at the direction of the management team (Vice President, Digital Strategy, local Regional Manager and senior Business Wire management) to develop effective marketing tools and implement both the region-specific marketing strategy as well as Business Wire’s broader corporate marketing objectives.
This position reports to Vice President, Digital Strategy while Local Regional Manager will have day-to-day supervisory responsibilities.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Marketing planning and budget tracking with guidance from the Vice President, Digital Strategy and local Regional Manager.
- Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities based on the local and corporate goals established by the local Regional Manager, Vice President, Digital Strategy and senior Business Wire management.
- Develop effective marketing tools and implement both the region-specific marketing strategy as well as Business Wire’s broader corporate marketing objectives.
- Evaluate and report back on marketing activities.
- Develop and implement an effective marketing plan for the local region, in liaison with the Vice President, Digital Strategy and local Regional Manager.
- Develop and create print/online collaterals and advertising campaigns.
- Interface with local sales team and Media Relations team – point of contact for marketing support and advice. Attend meetings, develop, communicate and execute marketing projects and plans.
- Internal communications with other BW divisions.
- Supplier oversight, based on best service received and cost-effectiveness.
- Project oversight to ensure the development of clear objectives, creative brief and project implementation.
- Ensure consistency and continuity of brand and message in all marketing activities.
- Competitor and product/market analysis and share intelligence with relevant BW divisions.
- Report on client feedback and issues where appropriate.
- Execution of comprehensive multi-channel and multi-touch digital marketing campaigns across, web, email and social media marketing channels.
- Track, report and analyze analytics across web, email and social media channels to demonstrate return on investment and to help communicate metrics and KPIs.
- Develop and create search-engine-optimized content for Business Wire’s web, email and social media marketing channels.
- Undertake additional duties as determined by the needs of the Vice President, Digital Strategy, local Regional Manager, Business Wire management and/or its clients.
- Work as a team member within your Business Wire office performing any and all functions necessary for the successful operation of the office as determined by the local Regional Manager.
- Demonstrate reliability through good attendance and punctuality.
- Other Marketing duties may be assigned.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, prior experience with managing e-mail marketing campaigns, including lead generation, A/B testing, and the resulting metrics as well as any experience with marketing automation and CRM platforms (i.e. Hubspot and Salesforce) are a plus.
- Strong writer
- Ability to conceive, pitch, design, write and execute complete marketing plans with the assistance of the Vice President, Digital Strategy and local Regional Manager
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat programs a strong plus
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks using effective time management (For example fulfilling assignments on time while addressing local daily marketing needs, such as phone, email and in-person interaction)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A self-motivated and enthusiastic self-starter
- Proficient in local country/territory language as well as English
- Commercial acumen
- Articulate and confident
- Team Player. Ability to work effectively with a variety of people
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Develop strong knowledge of BW products and services
Business Wire offers a fulfilling, stable environment with an emphasis on work/life balance.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter to: Business Wire Via Email: email@example.com
No phone calls.
Business Wire agrees and represents that it will provide equal employment practices and the contractor and each subcontractor hereunder will ensure that in his or her employment practices persons are employed and employees are treated equally and without regard to or because of race, religion, ancestry , national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition