Account Executive Startup New Business Development SF
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. Investor relations, public relations, public policy and marketing professionals rely on Business Wire to accurately distribute market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and IR websites, build content marketing platforms, generate social engagements and provide audience analysis that improves interaction with specified target markets.
Job Title: Account Executive, Startup New Business Development
Business Wire is currently seeking an enthusiastic, industry and startup-savvy sales professional who is passionate about new business development to join our high-performing sales team.
As a San Francisco based Account Executive, Startup New Business Development, you will be responsible for establishing relationships and generating revenue from new accounts and contacts cultivated in Startup, VC and IPO segments.
Our products include tools for public relations, investor relations and marketing communications professionals such as targeted press release, multimedia and content distribution platforms, online newsrooms and IR websites and enhanced measurement tools.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Generate new revenue for Business Wire through new client acquisition and upselling of Business Wire products and services to startups, IPO’s, and emerging companies throughout the Bay Area
- Spend a majority of time outside of the office advocating and selling Business Wire products and services
- Build a sales pipeline by cultivating prospects, creating new business opportunities and managing/expanding existing customer relationships using Salesforce.com
- Create and deliver sales presentations to key decision makers
- Execute successful client contract negotiations and renewals
- Meet revenue and appointment goals as set by Company and Regional Manager
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the industry, our products and services, and the competitive landscape
- Participate in professional Venture Capital, PR, and IR organizations and events for the promotion of Business Wire and its services outside of normal business hours
- Utilize approved social media channels (such as LinkedIn and Twitter) to network with prospects/clients and champion Business Wire’s innovative products and services
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree, or international equivalent, preferred
- Minimum of 3 years outside sales experience preferred
- Experience selling within public relations, investor relations, marketing, media and/or financial markets preferred
- Proven success in managing all stages of the sales cycle including prospecting, needs analysis, presentation, proposal, negotiation and closing
- Positive track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments in a globally dispersed organization to meet clients' needs
- Professional account management and customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with clients across an organizational hierarchy, including executive level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) skills
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with prospects, clients and colleagues which are based on mutual respect and integrity
- Exceptional time management skills displaying ability to manage multiple tasks with strict attention to detail
- Depending on sales territory, position may require a reliable automobile, a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage
Business Wire offers a fulfilling, stable environment with an emphasis on work/life balance.
We offer an attractive salary/commission plan, and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, a dental/vision/education/fitness reimbursement program, 401(k), and Paid Time Off.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.businesswire.com/
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter, salary history and desired compensation range to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Local candidates only, no relocation.
No third party applications.
No phone calls.