Sales Talent Development Specialist
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. Investor relations, public relations, public policy and marketing professionals rely on Business Wire to accurately distribute market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and IR websites, build content marketing platforms, generate social engagements and provide audience analysis that improves interaction with specified target markets.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.businesswire.com/
Job Title: Sales Talent Development Specialist
Summary of Position:
The Sales Talent Development Specialist is responsible for assisting with the design and delivery of talent development initiatives including recruitment, onboarding training, and performance management in order to improve the skills, knowledge, and competencies of all members of the Business Wire Sales department
The Sales Talent Development Specialist will work directly with sales managers, account executives, product specialists, and human resources to help ensure that Business Wire's sales recruitment processes, training programs, and performance review procedures are current, effective, and aligned with essential business needs. This person will also make recommendations for further development and improvement of these initiatives based on feedback received
This position is located in our Manhattan office and reports to the Manager, Sales Training and Development within the Human Resources department
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, edit, and maintain sales hiring process documentation and procedures; assist members of the HR Group to guide hiring managers through the sales hiring process; provide feedback to hiring managers on the writing sample portion of the hiring process.
- Consult with sales management, product managers, and subject matter experts (SMEs) to create new sales onboarding training courses, and regularly update existing training course content, as needed.
- Manage vendor relationship with Cornerstone for Salesforce including system upgrades, outages/issues/bugs, contract renewals, etc., and help build new LMS in UltiPro (HRIS).
- Schedule and conduct virtual onboarding training welcome calls with all new sales hires.
- Correct and provide feedback on all submitted onboarding training course workbooks, and maintain learners' course completion statuses in Cornerstone for Salesforce.
- Report feedback on employees' training performance to managers, and work with managers and HR Group to address performance issues as they arise; keep performance feedback organized to help facilitate management strategy discussions.
- Create, edit, and maintain annual sales performance evaluation forms including sales performance summary, sales goals and expectations, skill strengths, and personal development plans (PDP), and help build performance management tools in UltiPro (HRIS).
- Work with Sales managers to ensure employee skills assessments and annual performance evaluations are completed correctly and in a timely manner, and track progress of completion.
- B.A. in human resources, business, communications, or related field.
- 3+ years' work experience in talent development, human resources, training, recruitment, or related field.
- Proven capability of developing and delivering successful talent development initiatives and providing positive and constructive feedback to employees.
- Knowledge of training & development practices including needs analysis and instructional design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior attention to detail; ability to organize and express ideas clearly.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence with demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and roles, and build successful relationships at all organizational levels and geographic locations.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, and passionate about training, talent development, and helping others to succeed.
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality.
- Previous experience with HRIS (UltiPro) is a plus.
- Previous experience in sales is a plus.
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be considered.
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No phone calls.