SEATTLE--(www.redweek.com), a timeshare exchange, rental and resales Web site. The registered users picked The Manhattan Club of New York City as the Top resort. This highly sought-after resort is popular due in part to its ideal location in the heart of Manhattan and its achievement of a 4.5 star rating (out of 5) on the Web site. The number two timeshare rental resort is Disney’s Beach Club Villas, located in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, near Orlando. This resort has a 5 star rating and is within a few minutes walk to Epcot. Reaching another 5 star rating and third place on the list is Harborside Resort at Atlantis. It is located on Paradise Island, Bahamas, in the Caribbean, with a spectacular setting and a wealth of amenities and pleasures. This complete result of the Top 25 appears as RedWeek.com has seen a steady rise in popularity of renting timeshares. Recent comments in discussion forums and an increase in Web site activity indicates travelers have discovered they get a full condominium unit with plenty of space, good value and more amenities than a hotel. This is ideal for couples and family vacations.)--The Top 25 list of timeshare rental resorts was announced today from RedWeek.com (
In addition to ranking by names, the list reveals the top destinations and trusted resort brand names for timeshare rentals. Those seeking a Hawaii vacation, a Florida vacation rental, or Cancun condo rentals will be pleased to see which regions have the most resorts in the Top 25. These include eight resorts in Florida, six in Hawaii, five in the Caribbean, and two in Cancun, Mexico, then one each in California, New York, Vermont, and South Carolina. The Top 25 ranking also highlights notable vacation ownership companies. The brand name resorts with the most appearances in the Top 25 are Marriott Vacation Club with seven resorts, Disney Vacation Club with four and Starwood Vacation Ownership with three in this year’s list.
Here is the complete RedWeek.com Top 25 list of timeshare rental resorts based on user preferences:
1. The Manhattan Club - New York City, New York
2. Disney’s Beach Club Villas - Lake Buena Vista, Florida
3. Harborside Resort at Atlantis - Paradise Island, Bahamas
4. HGVC at Hilton Hawaiian Village - Honolulu, Hawaii
5. Disney’s BoardWalk Villas - Lake Vista, Florida
6. Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina, Hawaii
7. Costa Linda Beach Resort - Oranjestad, Aruba
8. Disney’s Old Key West Resort - Lake Buena Vista, Florida
9. Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge - Lake Buena Vista, Florida
10. The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas - Lahaina, Hawaii
11. Kaanapali Beach Club - Lahaina, Hawaii
12. The Royal Sands - Cancun, Mexico
13. Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club - Kapolei, Hawaii
14. The Galleon Resort - Key West, Florida
15. Orange Lake Country Club West Village - Kissimmee, Florida
16. Marriott’s Newport Coast Villas - Newport Coast, California
17. Marriott’s Aruba Ocean Club - Palm Beach, Aruba
18. Marriott’s Ocean Pointe - Palm Beach Shores, Florida
19. Marriott’s Waiohai Beach Club - Koloa (Poipou), Hawaii
20. Sheraton Vistana Resort - Orlando, Florida
21. Aruba Beach Club - Oranjestad, Aruba
22. The Westin St. John Resort and Villas - St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands
23. Smugglers’ Notch Resort - Smugglers’ Notch, Vermont
24. Marriott’s Grande Ocean - Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
25. The Royal Caribbean - Cancun, Mexico
You can see complete resort descriptions of these Top 25 and thousands of other resorts including photos, ratings, reviews, prices and availability by visiting RedWeek.com (www.redweek.com). Site registration is free but there is a $9.99 membership necessary for viewing complete information and to pursue timeshare rentals, resales, or exchanges.
RedWeek.com (www.redweek.com) is a member-supported marketplace connecting travelers and the timeshare community. The site was launched in November of 2002 and has over 1,000,000 registered users. It offers resort condominium accommodations for rent, purchase, and exchange directly between users. The company was co-founded by Randy Conrads, who also founded the popular Classmates.com Web site, which was acquired in 2004 by United Online, Inc. (Nasdaq:UNTD).
The RedWeek.com Top 25 ranking was determined by the e-mail alert sign-up preferences from a portion of the over 1,000,000 registered users and Web site visitor traffic patterns to the 5,000 timeshare resorts worldwide represented on the Web site. None of the resorts listed above are affiliated with RedWeek.com. RedWeek.com does not make any representations or warranties regarding the resorts mentioned. These rankings reflect the opinions of the users of RedWeek.com who expressed their preferences, and your experiences with these resorts may differ from those reflected in these results.