Unleashed by Mustang: Ford Reveals Limited-Edition Fashion Collaboration with Global Designers
- Five top fashion designers from around the world collaborate with Ford on the Mustang Unleashed collection – a limited-edition line of graphic shirts inspired by Mustang
- Mustang Unleashed visionary designers include Anna Sui; Rogan Gregory and Scott Mackinlay-Hahn of Rogan; Paula Cademartori; Tomaso Anfossi and Francesco Ferrari of CO|TE; and Pamela Love
- The limited-edition 15-shirt collection will be available exclusively through Gilt.com
DEARBORN, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fashion innovators Anna Sui, Rogan, Paula Cademartori, CO|TE and Pamela Love join Ford Motor Company to celebrate the iconic Ford Mustang with the debut of Mustang Unleashed, a limited-edition line of one-of-a-kind shirts.
“The Mustang Unleashed collection celebrates the passion and freedom of Mustang, and its inspiration to pop culture over the last 50 years.”
These five designers from around the world each created three unique Mustang-inspired shirts, resulting in a collection of 15 designs. The line is produced by Loomstate, a leader in organic and sustainable apparel. It will be available starting in September exclusively at Gilt.com, an innovative online shopping destination.
“Mustang embraces passion, power, adventure and freedom, and by collaborating with top designers known for their expressive personalities and designs, we are blending the parallels between the worlds of fashion and automotive like never before,” said Kim Cape, Ford group marketing manager. “The Mustang Unleashed collection celebrates the passion and freedom of Mustang, and its inspiration to pop culture over the last 50 years.”
Five visionary designers ‘unleashed’
As trendsetters, the Mustang Unleashed designers embody the Mustang spirit. They are emotive, expressive and “unleashed” in their own right – living and working with a sense of freedom and individual style. This is the inspiration for their unique designs:
- Anna Sui: Detroit native Sui and Mustang have quite a bit in common. Sui’s designs illustrate a rock ’n’ roll fantasy – reflecting the freedom, authenticity and inspiration embodied in Mustang
- Rogan Gregory and Scott Mackinlay-Hahn of Rogan: With a respect for soulful minimalism and traditional quality, Rogan’s designs were inspired by the raw American heritage expressed in the modern, high-tech Mustang. The designer incorporated this into the graphics of the shirt, using the simplicity of natural, hand-drawn lines
- Paula Cademartori: Cademartori’s passion for femininity and fine details are distinct in her designs and collection of bags. For her, “unleashed” represents power, freedom and creating new experiences. Cademartori’s Mustang-inspired designs highlight geometric shapes, the fantasy of color and glamour
- Tomaso Anfossi and Francesco Ferrari of CO|TE: With a philosophy of freely interpreting established design themes from a contemporary point of view, CO|TE – like Mustang – moves forward and pushes boundaries. The inspiration comes from thinking without preconceptions, while paying attention to quality and tradition. CO|TE designs showcase Mustang’s attention to detail and geometric elements
- Pamela Love: Love, with a passion for unique jewelry pieces, and Mustang come together as artifacts of a narrative. The inspiration comes from Mustang’s enduring role in American pop culture, and the idea of moving forward while leaving the past behind. Love’s designs highlight the horse as a symbol of power, strength and freedom
“Having grown up in Detroit,” said Sui, “I wanted to incorporate my memories of Mustang and celebrate the spirit of pop culture and Americana in my designs. As a designer, I am constantly inspired by everything around me and often include a nod to my roots – referring to nostalgic, romantic and rock influences – just like Ford Mustang.”
Working together toward sustainability and innovation
Each Mustang Unleashed collection shirt is proudly made by Loomstate in the United States. Using 100 percent organic cotton, Loomstate is committed to supporting best practices globally – growing communities by developing fashionable and quality products that create a more equitable and sustainable future. Ford Motor Company – with its own rich American legacy that now includes Mustang joining an exclusive club of vehicles in continuous production for 50 years – is proud to work with Loomstate on this project.
For the Mustang Unleashed collection, the women’s casual-fit T-shirt will feature a unique U/V-shaped neckline, slightly fitted sleeves and Loomstate signature skewed sides. The men’s collection will be available in Loomstate classic crew-neck style.
Innovation is a key theme of the collaboration between Ford Mustang and Gilt, a retailer that pushes the boundaries of online shopping by providing instant insider access to top designer labels. As a brand that believes every day is an opportunity to inspire and be inspired, Gilt serves as a unique collaborator to celebrate Mustang’s inspiration to pop culture and the visionary lineup of Mustang Unleashed designers.
“We are excited to work with Ford to exclusively launch the Mustang Unleashed collection on Gilt.com,” said Steven Schneider, president, Gilt City and Gilt Business Development. “We’re always looking for ways to give our members access to unique products and experiences they can’t find anywhere else. This is a perfect opportunity to bring together fashion and automotive design in a way we know our members will love.”
The 15-shirt limited-edition collection will be sold exclusively at www.gilt.com/unleashed, with pre-orders beginning Aug. 26. Each Mustang Unleashed limited-edition shirt will retail for $39.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 186,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
For news releases, related materials and high-resolution photos and video, visit www.media.ford.com.