Exelis to showcase leading capabilities at the 2014 U.S. National Guard Association Conference & Exhibition
MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Exelis (NYSE: XLS) will highlight its industry-leading defense and information technology solutions at the 2014 U.S. National Guard Association Conference & Exhibition in Chicago Aug. 22-25, 2014 at booth #1013.
“For decades, Exelis has been the National Guard’s full-spectrum partner in providing operational enhancements and improved interoperability”
As a leader in command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR), Exelis provides its customers with competitive, affordable and customized solutions. As defense readiness expands and evolves, Exelis is also developing and deploying tools to protect critical information and enable real-time actionable, intelligence to support customer missions.
“For decades, Exelis has been the National Guard’s full-spectrum partner in providing operational enhancements and improved interoperability,” said Bob Edmonds, vice president of government relations and business development at Exelis. “We are thrilled for this opportunity to continue strengthening our relationship with and providing key solutions to the National Guard. Our technology stands ready to advance missions critical to its success.”
Exelis continues to advance its solutions for customers by focusing on its strategic growth platforms, including electronic warfare (EW), critical networks, ISR and analytics and aerostructures. At this conference, Exelis will specifically focus on technologies from the EW strategic growth platform, as well as core business areas including networked communications systems, which align with the needs and requirements of key National Guard programs.
Exelis will showcase the following solutions areas at booth #1013 at the show:
EW technologies provide the ability to address emerging
electronic threats through detection, defense and defeat across the
electromagnetic spectrum. Key solutions include:
- Missile Warning System (AN/AAR-60(V)2), an advanced detection system to help counter infrared-guided missiles and a proven, true-imaging sensor device optimized to detect spectral radiation emitted from approaching missile exhaust plumes, allowing operators to react early and appropriately.
- Advanced electronic self-protect systems including the ALQ-214 (part of the Integrated Defensive Electronic Countermeasures system) for the National Guard’s F-15s; the ALQ-211(V)9 (part of the Advanced Integrated Defensive EW Suite) for the Air National Guard’s F-16s and an upgraded version of ALQ-136 for AH-64 Apache helicopters.
- Airborne jammers including the Advanced Capability Pod, which provide electronic countermeasures against modern airborne and ground-based radio frequency (RF) threats.
- Airborne radar technology such as the Thunder Radar Pod, which provides wide-area, high-resolution synthetic aperture radar imaging, the Radar Warning Locator, an airborne sensor that provides accurate geo-location of ground-based RF threats and the AN/PLM-4, a portable simulator that tests radar warning receivers, electronic surveillance measures and electronic countermeasures systems for aircraft while on the ground.
Networked communications systems provide secure, robust,
jam-resistant tactical communications with a low probability of
detection and interception. Solutions include:
- SideHat, an affordable second channel solution to the U.S. Army’s Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio Systems vehicular radio installations.
- Global Network on the Move – Active Distribution, an on-the-move satellite communications system that employs a low-profile antenna to provide reliable connectivity for a wide range of vehicles.
- SwitchplusIP®, an interoperable communication system that uses Voice over Internet Protocol technology to enable operators to establish a critical link between communication centers and tactical communication assets. This provides the capability to communicate reliably and securely across the seas or the skies, reducing the time needed to respond to threats.
Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. We are a leader in positioning and navigation, sensors, air traffic management solutions, image processing and distribution, communications and information systems; and focused on strategic growth in the areas of critical networks, ISR and analytics, electronic warfare and composite aerostructures. Headquartered in McLean, Va., Exelis employs about 17,000 people and generated 2013 sales of $4.8 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.