Omni Hotels & Resorts Launches “For the Love of the Game”
Luxury Hotel Brand Creates Unique Group Golf Experiences
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Omni Hotels & Resorts announced a series of new customizable golf activities and competitions for group attendees. The new program, “For the Love of the Game,” allows meeting planners the option to build traditional and non-traditional golf events for all level of players – from the golf purist and novice to those who have never picked up a club. The new activity menus may be booked at nearly all Omni Golf Resorts.
For the Golf Purist: These are perfect for true enthusiasts and include:
- Pre-round Warm-up Like a Pro: Participants are guided through stretching and ball striking sessions to properly prepare for a round of golf.
- Match Play: Attendees are paired head-to-head for a traditional match play tournament.
- Competitive Horse Race: Nine holes of sudden death elimination for more competitive golfers.
- Short Course Challenge: A challenging par-3 course specially-constructed for a quick round of golf. Great for a “skins” game or a quick outing before other engagements.
- Mix & Match Format: Two-team tournament where the first six holes are a scramble; second six are best ball; and last six are alternate shot play.
For Team Building: These options are for those looking for a teambuilding outing, but do not have much time and want to hit the course. The following choices are available before a meeting, during a break or after a meeting:
- Closest to the Flag: In addition to golf balls, participants hit or throw odd objects such as footballs, tennis balls and Frisbees toward the green to see who can land closest to the flag.
- Putting Green Activities: Groups may choose from a selection of miniature golf activities such as “Night Putting” with glowing golf equipment; “Blind Putting” where one participant blindly putts, and his or her teammate serves as the guide; or “Extreme Putt-Putt” where they must putt around an obstacle course.
- Foot Golf: Using traditional golf scoring for two holes, players attempt to kick a soccer ball into a hula-hoop on the green.
- Moonlight Golf: Excellent for a late-night social activity, glow in the dark holes can be constructed on the courses’ driving ranges for a one-to-three hole tournament.
- Frisbee Golf: Attendees can get fresh air, exercise and enjoy the courses for timed-play, nine holes, or the full 18.
For Fun: No experience necessary and allows participants to enjoy course facilities and/or golf-themed exercises.
- Group Fun Run: Breakfast and a morning run on the back nine.
- Marshmallow Long Drive: Held in a hotel’s ballroom or other meeting space, participants test the skill of mind over muscle in a driving contest with golf balls replaced by marshmallows.
- Golf Stretch: Good for meeting breakout sessions, participants will enjoy a relaxing golf-specific stretch to alleviate stress or discomfort.
- Omni Golf Blackjack: Played just like the card game, participants pitch balls from a tee box into a “deck” of mock cards in attempts to hit 21.
- Chip Off the Old Block: Attendees can participate in a golf stretch, followed by chipping a Velcro ball into a net.
The offer is valid at nearly all Omni Golf Resorts, including: Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa in Austin, Texas, heralded as the number one golf resort in the state; Omni La Costa Resort & Spa in Carlsbad, Calif., where some of the greatest names in golf history have played; The Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, Va., a U.S. presidential favorite for decades; and Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, featuring 27 holes that wind through palm tree-lined fairways and amazing views of the San Jacinto and San Bernardino mountains.
To book a meeting or event or for more details, terms and conditions regarding Omni Hotels & Resorts meeting offerings, customers can contact the Omni Global Sales representative, visit omniunderstands.com or by calling 1-800-788-OMNI. Travelers or media can also follow Omni Hotels & Resorts at www.Facebook.com/OmniHotels, Twitter.com/OmniHotels, and Twitter.com/OmniMeetings.
About Omni Hotels & Resorts
Omni Hotels & Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinct luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. With over 20 world-class golf courses and award-winning spa retreats, to dynamic business settings, each Omni showcases the local flavor of the destination while featuring four-diamond services, signature restaurants, Wi-Fi connectivity and unique wellness options. Known for its distinguished, personalized service, Omni leaves a lasting impression with every customer interaction, with a heightened level of recognition and rewards delivered through its Select Guest loyalty program and the company’s “Power of One” associate empowerment program. The brand is frequently recognized by top consumer research organizations and travel publications. To get additional information or book accommodations, visit omnihotels.com or call 1-800-The-Omni.