Extreme Tech Challenge Launches Referral Program
The world’s most advanced technology and innovation competition offering once-in-a-lifetime chance to meet Sir Richard Branson and Felix Baumgartner, among others
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The world’s most advanced next-gen startup competition, Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC), today announced the launch of its XTC Referral Program. By referring a startup that reaches the final round of presentations, entrants will qualify for an exclusive invite to Necker Island in February 2015 where the top three finalists will present to all-star judges including Sir Richard Branson (Virgin Group); Young Sohn (Samsung); and Lars Rasmussen (Google Maps).
“Our goal in launching XTC has been to build a unique competition on a value exchange”
Based on the premise of a mutual beneficial value creation, XTC presents a value exchange between startups and top technology leaders including sponsors, investors, partners, advisors and referrers. All parties involved receive value by collaborating together and nurturing relationships with the next-generation of disruptors within all industries.
“Our goal in launching XTC has been to build a unique competition on a value exchange,” said GP Bullhound’s Ali Dagli, head of the XTC Value Exchange. “Simply put, if participants add value to the mix, they receive value in return. The referral program is an element of this strategy. If one encourages an exceptional startup to apply and it gets exposure, resources, partnerships and/or investment by becoming a finalist, then they are also rewarded accordingly for having acted as an enabler.”
Additional Information and Resources:
- For referrers to qualify for an exclusive invite to Necker Island, registering startups must include the referrer’s name in the contest application on the ExtremeTechChallenge website.
- XTC is looking for all audacious entrepreneurs with startups in all sectors that are poised and ready to scale, have a working product and generate less than $10 million in revenue.
- All applications must be completed by the September 30, 2014 deadline.
- Prizes include access to funding, free web services and hosting, distribution support, office space, investment banking consultation, mentorship and more.
- Connect with XTC on Twitter at @ExTechChallenge
About Extreme Tech Challenge
Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) is a unique competition, launched by MaiTai Global, designed to fuel the world’s top emerging tech entrepreneurs and accelerate their success. Entrepreneurs enter for a chance to present LIVE on stage at semifinals at CES, and to pitch Sir Richard Branson at his Necker Island home, to win infrastructure and investment to scale their companies. For more information and ongoing XTC updates, visit www.extremetechchallenge.com.