Research and Markets: Technology Investment Priorities in Australian Mining, 2014
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6qlw25/technology) has announced the addition of the "Technology Investment Priorities in Australian Mining, 2014" report to their offering.
“Technology Investment Priorities in Australian Mining, 2014”
In February and March 2014, Timetric surveyed 110 mine managers, maintenance managers, procurement managers and other key decision-makers in over 90 operating Australian mines. For this report Timetric focused on the questions relating to each operation's current investment intentions for technology and their views on the use of future technology such as autonomous vehicles.
- The three top areas for new technology investment are environmental monitoring and emissions management', equipment health monitoring and diagnostics' and collision avoidance/proximity detection'.
- For all three areas, 30% or more respondents are considering investing within the next two years.
- When asked about the timeframes for using autonomous vehicles, 19% of respondents were already using autonomous vehicles at their mine site, but only a further 15% were planning to use in the next 10 years.
- As part of the survey, respondents were asked to rank safety', productivity improvements' and cost reduction' in terms of the number one driver for technology investment, with safety found to be the number one driver within the Australian mining industry.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2 Technology Investment Intentions
- Benchmarking Investment Intentions Across New Technologies
- Australian Emission Standards
- Current Technology by Customer Segment
- New Technology Investment Priorities by Customer Segment
- Collision-Avoidance Systems
- Areas not Likely to Gain Investment
- Foremost Area for Technology Investment
3 Automation - the Number One Priority for Investment
- Timeframes for Autonomous Vehicles
- Surface Truck Automation
- Underground LHD Automation
- Outlook for Autonomous Vehicles by Company
4 Safety is the Key Driver of Technology Investment
- Consensus on Dominant Drivers
5 Action Points and Recommendations
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6qlw25/technology