FrontRange Rolls Out HEAT 2014.2 Release
Hybrid Service Management Platform Features Host of New Business Intelligence, Integration and Workflow Capabilities
MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FrontRange, the Hybrid IT software company, today announced the release of HEAT 2014.2. The latest version of HEAT provides enterprises and service providers with critical new features in the areas of Business Intelligence and Integration as well as further enhances the overall configuration capabilities through a more elegant and intuitive administrator user interface.
“Enterprise and MSP service desks are becoming more strategic by the day given the growing complexity of IT and application infrastructures”
As the first service management solution that supports both on-premise and cloud applications through a unified code base, HEAT provides customers with unparalleled flexibility as their business needs evolve over time.
HEAT 2014.2 delivers a number of significant new features that include:
• Release Package Tool: effectively tracks and manages administrative changes to individual projects and supports the overall Service Management application lifecycle with a well-defined change process to move configuration changes between development and production environments.
• Saved Search Enhancements: supports more intuitive and complex queries that can be grouped and automatically formatted for better usability when building queries.
• Updated Form Designer: delivers faster and more consistent form design with drag and drop capabilities and new WYSIWIG form layout generator.
• Updated Admin UI: provides service desk administrators with an entity relationship diagram (ERD) visualization tool to help them view relationships between objects and to identify how to join tables for advanced reporting purposes. A new communications manager supports editing of all customer interactions from a single location. In addition, the new admin UI features advanced indexing capabilities that provide fine grain control over which items are indexed.
• XML Import: this extension, which allows hierarchical XML files to be imported, enables multiple related business objects – such as “employees”, “teams”, and “roles” – to be imported at once.
• Enhancement support for MSP’s: for customers managing multiple tenants, such as Managed Service Providers, HEAT 2014.2 now extracts summary/grid data to the master tenant that shared service desk agents can use as work queues. This fully secure feature supports standard grid behaviors such as sorting, filtering and paging.
• Ad-hoc Reports: this new capability enables end users and administrators to quickly generate and run ad-hoc reports with much greater flexibility without the need for SSRS for simple reports. Access to reporting is enabled strictly by role to ensure robust security.
• Workflow: major enhancements to HEAT 2014.2’s workflow approval block provide a more intuitive interface, better security that prevents users from approving their own requests, offers comment fields when approving or denying requests and supports dynamic approval and denial criteria.
• User Authentication Enhancements: provides greater control over user sessions, HEAT 2014.2 supports seamless sign-on that establishes a specific SSO provider as a default that enables users to be directly logged in an app without having to navigate additional links. This upgraded authentication also provides the ability to force users to change passwords for their next log-in and can terminate user session to better utilize concurrent licenses.
• New Analytic Metrics: HEAT 2014.2 features a new business intelligence tool that uses multi-dimensional charting that summarizes data from multiple business objects and features a financial management module that tracks costs-per-service that can be used for historical comparisons to baselines and budgets.
“Enterprise and MSP service desks are becoming more strategic by the day given the growing complexity of IT and application infrastructures,” said Udo Waibel, CTO of FrontRange. “To help deal with this complexity, we’ve added a considerable number of new capabilities to our HEAT platform that will have a direct impact on improving operational efficiencies and overall business productivity for our customers. In addition to beefing up security and streamlining workflow processes, we’re integrating new business intelligence into the platform that will yield important new insights in our customers’ global operations.”
HEAT 2014.2 is now generally available. For more information, visit HEAT 2014.2 release notes.
FrontRange is a leading provider of Hybrid IT software solutions for organizations of all sizes. With our suite of HEAT applications, FrontRange is the only company in the world that provides, from a single platform, Service Management and Client Management software on-premise and in the cloud. HEAT manages millions of service interactions and millions of devices every day for more than 15,000 leading organizations around the world. Our customers deliver world-class service while maximizing operational efficiencies with reduced cost and complexity. FrontRange is headquartered in Milpitas, Calif. and can be found at http://www.frontrange.com.