ScaleMP Announces vSMP Foundation Version 5.5
Provider of High-End Virtualization Broadens IO Options and Launches New Pricing Model With Lower Entry Point
CUPERTINO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ScaleMP™, a leading provider of virtualization solutions for high-end computing, today announced the release of its latest version of the patented vSMP Foundation software, Version 5.5. In addition, new pricing has been announced as well as an open, online configurator.
“vSMP Foundation Version 5.5 is a significant release for ScaleMP”
vSMP Foundation Version 5.5 is currently available for download or purchase. Highlights of the latest version include:
Enhanced hardware support
Broader IO support options with AnyIO subsystem. With AnyIO,
customers can enable aggregation with almost any device:
- Any network device, such as 10GigE cards as well as Infiniband cards
- PCI-flash devices such as Fusion-IO
- GPUs/accelerators such as Intel Xeon Phi or NVIDIA GPUs
Enhanced private interconnect options
- Mellanox Connect-IB
- Improved performance for Intel TrueScale
- Support for recent Intel Xeon Processors: Ivy Bridge – E5-2600v2 and E7-x8xx v2
- Broader IO support options with AnyIO subsystem. With AnyIO, customers can enable aggregation with almost any device:
- Enhanced performance for IO-intensive and large-memory workloads
- New flexible pricing model allowing lower price points
ScaleMP is also offering a new pricing structure that lowers the cost of acquisition for small to medium vSMP Foundation installations and provides a more straightforward licensing model. Also, the new pricing structure allows for easier upgrades to new processors and accelerators as newer models are announced from suppliers such as Intel, AMD and Nvidia.
Customers are invited to try the new configurator to determine the cost of vSMP Foundation for themselves. Customers can enter processor type, amount of memory and other options, and will instantly be able to determine the list price of any size vSMP Foundation installation. The tool allows for a quick look at how vSMP Foundation can enable large memory or SMP installations using industry-standard servers. Configurations can be stored for later use and retrieved easily.
“vSMP Foundation Version 5.5 is a significant release for ScaleMP," said Shai Fultheim, CEO and founder of ScaleMP. "We have focused our efforts on increasing IO compatibility options based on customer requests, and have made significant modifications to our pricing structure to allow for more flexibility so our customers can now upgrade to future processors much more easily. With our new, online configurator, customers can see how cost-effective it is to create large memory or large SMPs from low-cost, industry-standard servers.”
About vSMP Foundation
vSMP Foundation aggregates multiple industry-standard, off-the-shelf x86 servers into a single virtual high-end system. vSMP Foundation provides customers with an alternative to traditional expensive symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) systems, and also offers simplified clustering infrastructure with a single operating system. It supports aggregation of up to 128 servers into a single virtual SMP system, providing customers with:
• Up to 256TB of shared memory for large memory requirements
• Up to a 32,768 processor virtual SMP, proven scalability and record-breaking memory bandwidth
• Ease of use and lowest total cost of ownership for clusters coupled with simplified storage architecture
• On-demand SMP with support for most common provisioning systems, allowing for increased data center utilization with consolidated architecture
For more information on vSMP Foundation, please visit http://www.scalemp.com/products.
ScaleMP is the leader in virtualization for high-end computing, providing maximum performance and lower total cost of ownership. The innovative Versatile SMP™ (vSMP) architecture aggregates multiple independent systems into a single virtual system, delivering an industry-standard, high-end symmetric multiprocessing computer. Using software to replace custom hardware and components, ScaleMP offers a new, revolutionary computing paradigm. For more information, please call +1 (408) 342-0330 or visit http://www.ScaleMP.com.
vSMP Foundation is a trademark or registered trademark of ScaleMP. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.