Research and Markets: Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/73rzn5/personal_accident) has announced the addition of the "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
“Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017”
The Canadian personal accident and health insurance segment grew from CAD16.1 billion (US$15.1 billion) in 2008 to CAD20.5 billion (US$20.6 billion) in 2012, at a review-period CAGR of 6.3%. The growth resulted from an increased number of outbound travelers from Canada, rising demand for private health insurance products as a result of inadequate publicly funded healthcare and a rising elderly population which consumes more health insurance products.
These factors, coupled with the improving business and environmental conditions in the US, the largest trading partner and importer of Canada's goods, is expected to support the growth of the Canadian personal accident and health insurance segment over the forecast period (2013-2017). As such, the Canadian personal accident and health segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% over the forecast period.
The report provides in depth market analysis, information and insights into the Canadian personal accident and health insurance segment
- The Canadian personal accident and health segment rose from CAD16.1 billion (US$15.1 billion) in 2008 to CAD20.5 billion (US$20.6 billion) in 2012, at a CAGR of 6.3% during the review period.
- The growth was a product of the increased number of outbound travelers from Canada, rising demand for private health insurance products from an inadequate public system, and the rising elderly population.
- The health category is controlled by the public sector, while private health insurers complement the public healthcare system by providing non-urgent and elective treatments.
- The main distribution channels for personal accident and health insurers in Canada are agencies, brokers and direct marketing
- The personal accident and health segment is competitive with the presence of both domestic and overseas businesses.
Key Topics Covered:
Regional Market Dynamics
Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment - Regional Benchmarking
Canadian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment Outlook
Analysis by Distribution Channels
Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Canadian Personal Accident and Health Insurance
Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
Governance, Risk and Compliance
Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
Business Environment and Country Risk
List of Tables
List of Figures
Manulife Financial Corporation
Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada
The Great-West Life Assurance Company
The Canada Life Assurance Company
London Life Insurance Company
Munich Reinsurance Company
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/73rzn5/personal_accident
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.