MEDHOST Introducing New Healthcare Software and Services at HIMSS14 Annual Conference & Exhibition in Orlando, Fla.
MEDHOST Customer executives will lead two HIMSS education sessions addressing clinical value of hosted IT infrastructure and how patient-flow software drives enterprise clinical and financial results
FRANKLIN, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MEDHOST, Inc., provider of market-leading enterprise, departmental and healthcare engagement solutions, will introduce an expanded portfolio of healthcare solutions and services during the HIMSS14 Annual Conference and Exhibition tradeshow February 24-27 in booth #747.
“Streamlined Patient Flow: The Foundation for Care and Financial Improvements”
MEDHOST serves more than 1,000 healthcare facilities nationwide, and its unique integrated suite of solutions and services helps clinicians care for patients across the entire continuum of care while enabling hospitals to operate as efficiently and profitably as possible. MEDHOST’s new and existing solutions will be demonstrated at HIMSS, and many of the company’s clinical consultants, executives and other subject-matter experts will be on-hand to discuss their approach to helping hospitals improve processes such as patient flow and streamlining Meaningful Use attestation.
“Everyone who visits MEDHOST at HIMSS will experience our vision of developing technology that fits within clinicians’ existing workflows, which encourages adoption and yields the clinical and financial benefits providers need to care for patients and better manage the business of healthcare,” said Craig Herrod, president of MEDHOST. “MEDHOST is eager to demonstrate how we’re closing the gap between what clinicians want from technology and the solutions and services that the healthcare IT industry actually provides. Every day MEDHOST is proving that we’re giving clinicians and administrators the tools they need to be successful, and we look forward to showcasing those solutions, and their proven results, this year at the annual HIMSS conference.”
In addition to its exhibit space, MEDHOST experts and Customers were selected by HIMSS to present two education sessions. Valley Regional Hospital President and CEO Peter J. Wright and Todd Forgie, MEDHOST’s vice president of Hosting and Managed Services, will present “Hosted IT Infrastructure – Harnessing Healthcare Technology and Making IT Work” on Tuesday, Feb. 25, at 1 p.m. ET, in room 330E of the Orange County Convention Center. The session will focus on the positive impact that hosted IT environments have on both clinical and technical operations. On Wednesday, Feb. 26 at 10 a.m. ET, in room 308A of the Orange County Convention Center, Beaufort Memorial Hospital CIO Ed Ricks will jointly present “Streamlined Patient Flow: The Foundation for Care and Financial Improvements” with Barbara Bryan, MEDHOST’s vice president of consulting. The session will focus on patient flow both from a cost and clinical care perspective, touching on key industry issues such as 30-day readmissions, reimbursements and The Joint Commission’s patient-flow requirements.
MEDHOST will showcase multiple healthcare solutions at HIMSS in booth #747, including MEDHOST’s tightly integrated enterprise clinical and financial applications delivered from a single platform and complemented by comprehensive professional services. MEDHOST departmental solutions will also be demonstrated, including new offerings that address clinical mobility and patient engagement across the entire continuum of care, such as:
- MEDHOST Physician Documentation – the EHR from MEDHOST was built on the philosophy that everything should start with the physician because they put the cycle of care in motion. Physician Documentation fits within workflows that clinicians use every day, and it includes predefined and customizable templates, a Quick Note feature, support for voice dictation, and more.
- MEDHOST YourCareCommunity – a SaaS-based, multi-solution healthcare engagement platform that includes a patient portal licensed at more than 200 facilities in 2013 alone. YourCareCommunity will also incorporate MEDHOST Business Intelligence, a physician portal, a payer portal and an enterprise master patient index.
- MEDHOST YourCareLink – a turnkey service that helps hospitals submit syndromic surveillance, lab results and immunization registries to their state’s designated public health agency as required by Meaningful Use Stage 2. MEDHOST works directly with hospital staff to ensure that data feeds from their facility’s ONC-ACB certified EHR are successfully transporting the required data to the appropriate state public health agency. YourCareLink uses the HL7 standard, and MEDHOST actively monitors and maintains the facility-to-state data feed and reports any problems to the hospital before fixing them. If the state requires any changes, MEDHOST fully manages those changes for the hospital.
- MEDHOST PatientFlow HD – this powerful yet easy-to-use enterprise-wide patient throughput solution delivers tangible business and financial improvements by providing executives and hospital leaders with mission-critical facility, clinical and patient-centric data so they can identify process-management and patient-flow issues before they become problems.
- MEDHOST AXON – a native iPad® app that lets physicians access MEDHOST Emergency Department Information System (EDIS) on their iPad® from anywhere, inside or outside the hospital. Built for mobility, MEDHOST AXON also makes EDIS information available via the iPad mini™, which easily slides into a lab coat pocket.
- MEDHOST PIMS – MEDHOST Advanced Perioperative Information Management System provides instant access to digital patient data and clinical systems, reduces surgery delays, and improves patient care. System benefits are delivered without inconveniencing surgeons, anesthesiologists or nurses because PIMS and its applications fit within existing perioperative workflows.
The company is also demonstrating YourCareCommunity in the Financial Network of the Future portion of the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase, located in Hall F. To schedule a demo at HIMSS or for more information, please email MEDHOST at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEDHOST, Inc. provides market-leading enterprise, departmental and healthcare engagement solutions to more than 1,000 healthcare facilities. Our intuitive, easy-to-use and SaaS-enabled solutions are complemented by a robust suite of managed hosting, outsourcing and consulting services that are revolutionizing how clinicians and hospital leaders work and communicate, while generating notable operational, patient flow, care and revenue improvements. MEDHOST delivers unparalleled value by enabling hospitals of all types and all sizes to better manage care and the business of healthcare, as well as meet evolving regulatory requirements.