Kennedy Names Leading Consulting Firms in Increasingly Complex Public Healthcare Sectors
Exclusive Kennedy Vanguard™ identifies and assesses the top consulting practices on breadth and depth of capabilities
KEENE, N.H.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory, the leader in market analysis on the consulting profession, announces the release of Consulting to Public Healthcare Sectors; in-depth research that covers evolving service capabilities among a diverse group of top firms. The report identifies current engagement trends and rates leading firms’ specific competencies, strengths and weaknesses.
“Public healthcare organizations are also investing in consulting competencies to meet the changing needs of healthcare management, funding and delivery, and must balance value-based care with cost reductions and new patient populations.”
“Accountable care organizations (ACOs) and marketplaces for healthcare plans are driving consulting as newly formed entities redefine health ecosystems,” according to Liz Leonard, Associate Director and Lead for Kennedy’s Healthcare Consulting Research Team. “Public healthcare organizations are also investing in consulting competencies to meet the changing needs of healthcare management, funding and delivery, and must balance value-based care with cost reductions and new patient populations.”
Consulting to Public Healthcare Sectors examines these and other core competencies within the consulting provider landscape evaluating the breadth and depth of firms’ consulting capabilities in the Kennedy Vanguard™, as well as area(s) of specialization. It also includes in-depth profiles of public healthcare consulting firms, with capability maps illustrating each practice’s standing across the key engagement areas of:
- Public Payer Strategy— advisory aimed at helping public HC payers optimize how they serve addressable members and develop outreach, campaigns and healthcare insurance products and services in specific local markets, including membership analysis, marketing/communications, pricing, sales. US-based public payers seek to understand how HIX, accountable care/managed care systems, analytics-led market insights will impact both public and private healthcare payers/insurers and collaboration strategies within ACA adoption timelines.
- Public Provider Strategy — advisory aimed at helping public hospitals, clinics or care provider networks manage and align care delivery and services with local market needs such as pricing, expansion/reduction for patient capacity, and balance of breadth versus depth of specialized healthcare focus. In the US, under the ACA strategy is needed to identify accountable care partners, go-to-market plans, provider limits, and analytics-led access, quality, cost and citizen segmentation, and approaches to improve value in both hospital business and patient health outcomes.
- Integrated Care Strategy — advisory aimed at helping integrated care health systems, which combine clinical care and payer operations, to align local market needs with data management, cost and quality management. Expertise is needed to initially design and define metrics to track and benchmark standards, improve accountability and transparency across integrated care organizations as they hire, compensate and reward healthcare staff, train and develop collaborations and improve citizen health outcomes and healthcare business operations.
- Provider Financial Strategy and Operations — advisory aimed at optimizing public HC providers’ (hospitals or care delivery organizations) financial operations, assets and financial management.
- Healthcare Talent Management — advisory aimed at public HC payers, providers and public health policy organizations’ workforce management, training and leadership planning to align talent resources to current and anticipated needs.
- Health IT — advisory aimed at public HC payers, providers and public health policy organizations’ IT operations and management of enterprise-wide technologies, particularly focused on the management of systems, data and information. Can include but not limited to systems and information architecture, integrated health information exchanges, clinical & diagnostics systems, data management, analytics based information management, informatics with EHRs and health information exchanges (HIX).
- Healthcare Regulatory Compliance and Governance — advisory aimed at public HC payers’ providers and public health policy organizations’ approaches, and ongoing programs to meet current government-imposed requirements and regulations, standards and oversight needs such as operational transparency, accountability and protections over patient information, patient care safety, payer limits, security and privacy.
- Healthcare System Redesign — advisory aimed at public health organizations, governments and other private/public healthcare systems to enable broad change or transformation of healthcare systems, including HC payer and provider offerings, business models, strategies, operations and collaborations. Can include but not limited to local market metrics, rewards and compensation for citizen health outcomes, alignment of healthcare operations with IT/technology requirements, public/private partnerships or managed care models for either wholly public or combined public/private healthcare system entities.
Profiled firms in Consulting to Private Healthcare Payers and Providers include:
- Accenture; A.T. Kearney; Booz Allen Hamilton; Booz & Company; The Boston Consulting Group; Capgemini; CSC; Deloitte; EY; GE Healthcare; Huron Consulting; IBM; KPMG; McKinsey & Company; Navigant; Oliver Wyman Group; Protiviti; PwC; and Roland Berger Strategy Consultants
The following providers are also examined:
- The Advisory Board Company; Advocates for Human Potential (AHP); Altegra Health; ARUP; Aspen Advisors; BDC Advisors; BroadReach Health; Camden Group; CGI Federal; ECG Management Consultants; Infosys; SAIC; and Siemens
A Bloomberg BNA Business
Founded in 1970, Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory provides accurate and reliable market sizing and forecasts on consulting services world-wide, needs-analysis and vendor profiling for buyers of consulting services, timely and insightful intelligence on the top consulting firms in their respective markets, and operational benchmarks that measure consulting performance.
Kennedy's research spans multiple service areas, client vertical industries, and geographies. Our analysts provide expert commentary at consulting industry events world-wide, and offer custom research for Management Consulting and IT Services firms.
Kennedy's advisory services provide results-oriented strategic guidance to buyers and sellers of consulting services.
Our clientele consists of Fortune 500 companies and the most highly regarded professional services firms in the world.
Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P., is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals.
More information is available for you at www.KennedyInfo.com/Consulting.