Michał Sawka Named Member of the Board and Sales Director of Arctic Paper
GÖTEBORG, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Arctic Paper (STO:ARP)
Michał Sawka, who joined Arctic Paper in 1996, has in-depth knowledge and experience of the paper industry as well as of sales/marketing on export markets. These proven strengths will complement and further enhance the Arctic Paper management team. Michał Sawka is a graduate of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO). Before starting work with-in the paper industry Michał Sawka held sales and marketing positions in the textile industry.
Wolfgang Lübbert, CEO of Arctic Paper S.A., commented: “We are very pleased that Michał has joined the management team of the Arctic Paper. He has great experience in sales from his duties as Managing Director for Arctic Paper Polska. I am very confident that he will handle this new position well and work with us to achieve further and future successes for Arctic Paper.”
Michał Sawka, Sales Director of Arctic Paper S.A., said: “I feel that there is a promising future and great potential for Arctic Paper, and I am very inspired and optimistic to start in these new positions. Through the work I and my team have accomplished in Poland and elsewhere I feel confident that I can bring valuable market knowledge and experience to the Management team as well as to the Board of Arctic Paper SA”
Mr Sawka will be replaced as Managing Director of Arctic Paper Polska by Andrzej Kuczborski, currently Sales Manager of Arctic Paper Polska.
ARCTIC PAPER S.A is an European producer of bulky book paper and high-quality graphic paper. The Group produces uncoated and coated wood-free paper and uncoated wood-containing paper for printers, book publishers, magazine publishers, the advertising sector and paper distributors. The Group’s product line includes well-known brands such as Amber, Arctic, G-Print, Munken, Pamo, L-Print and AP-Tec.
The Group has four paper mills: at Kostrzyn in Poland, at Munkedal and Grycksbo in Sweden and at Mochenwangen in Germany. The total production capacity of the four paper mills in the Group is over 800,000 tonnes per year.
- Arctic Paper Kostrzyn has production capacity of around 275,000 tonnes annually and produces mainly uncoated, wood-free paper for general printing uses, such as books, brochures, forms and envelopes.
- Arctic Paper Munkedals has production capacity of around 160,000 tonnes per year and produces mainly high-quality, uncoated, wood-free paper, used primarily for books and advertising brochures.
- Arctic Paper Mochenwangen has production capacity of around 115,000 tonnes per year and produces mainly uncoated, wood-containing paper, used primarily for books and flyers.
- Arctic Paper Grycksbo has production capacity of around 265,000 tonnes per year and produces high-quality, coated paper, used for maps, books, magazines, posters and direct mail materials.
The Group also owns two pulp plants, with a combined production capacity of 410,000 tonnes per year.
- The pulp plant in Vallvik, Sweden, has a production capacity of about 240,000 tonnes per year and produces two types of long-fibre sulphate pulp: fully bleached sulphate pulp and unbleached sulphate pulp.
- The pulp plant in Rottneros, Sweden, has a production capacity of about 170,000 tonnes per year and produces mainly two types of mechanical pulp: groundwood and CTMP.
The distribution companies and sales offices handling the distribution of paper and marketing of the Group’s products are an important part of the Group. At present, the Group has 15 distribution companies and sales offices in Europe, providing access to all European markets and securing 20% of the European market for bulky book paper.
The Arctic Paper Group employs around 1,830 people. The headquarters of the international Group are in Poland. The largest shareholders of Arctic Paper S.A. are the Swedish companies Trebruk AB (formerly Arctic Paper AB) and Nemus Holding AB, which, after including the results of the final period of the tender offer for the shares of Rottneros AB, hold a combined 68.3% of the shares. The Arctic Paper Group has been listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange since October 2009 and since December 2012 on NASDAQ OMX in Stockholm.
Further information is available at www.arcticpaper.com
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com