Sprint Makes Push-to-Talk Possible on More of its Phones With Downloadable Application
With Sprint Direct Connect Now, select Android handsets can instantly become push-to-talk phones for consumers, businesses
OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sprint (NYSE: S), the industry’s push-to-talk pioneer, today announced it has added more Sprint Direct Connect-capable handsets to its push-to-talk portfolio. On the new phones, push-to-talk service can be installed quickly by accessing the Google Play store and downloading the free “Sprint Direct Connect Now” application. Sprint Direct Connect service is included for no additional charge on many service plans or available for an additional $5 per month for other plans.
“With Sprint Direct Connect Now, consumers and businesses can easily download push-to-talk service to help mobilize their lives, their businesses, and their workforces”
The new phones that can be made push-to-talk ready with the Sprint Direct Connect Now application today:
- Samsung Galaxy S 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- LG G2
- LG G Flex
- LG Optimus F3
- Kyocera Hydro Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini
- Samsung Galaxy Mega
- Samsung Galaxy S 4 with Sprint Spark
Sprint Direct Connect Now features:
- Sprint Direct Connect on 4G LTE capable devices
- New enhanced user experience
- Interoperable with Sprint® Direct Connect® devices
- Convenient touchscreen controls
- TeamDC and Opt-In TeamDC closed group calling
- Call alerts to notify others you want to talk without interrupting
- Displays contact image for speaker
- Synchronizes contacts with device’s address book
- Create favorites for most contacted Direct Connect® contacts
“With Sprint Direct Connect Now, consumers and businesses can easily download push-to-talk service to help mobilize their lives, their businesses, and their workforces,” said John Tudhope, Sprint director-Product Marketing. “Sprint Direct Connect Now is the ideal complement to our portfolio of rugged, military spec Sprint Direct Connect handsets that our longtime push-to-talk customers have grown accustomed to – especially construction workers, manufacturers and emergency workers.”
Sprint Direct Connect Now marks another milestone for the Sprint push-to-talk franchise. Today, Sprint Direct Connect has matured into a service featuring:
- Sprint Direct Connect platform upgrades to support push-to-talk on Sprint’s 4G LTE Network.
- Triple the square miles of coverage compared to the former Nextel National Network.
- Instant call setup time on domestic push-to-talk calls.
- International coverage to Latin American countries that most frequently use push-to-talk service (SDC Now international capability coming in future update).
For more information on Sprint Direct Connect Now or to see Sprint Direct Connect handsets, go to www.sprint.com/sprintdirectconnect.
Sprint (NYSE:S) offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint served more than 54 million customers at the end of the third quarter of 2013 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. The American Customer Satisfaction Index rated Sprint as the most improved company in customer satisfaction, across all 47 industries, during the last five years. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.