FileMaker Introduces FileMaker Training Series: Basics
Free and easy iBook enables anyone to learn the FileMaker Platform
SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FileMaker, Inc. today unveiled an all-new free training series for the recently announced FileMaker 13 Platform. FileMaker Training Series: Basics helps everyone learn to build professional custom business solutions that run on iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web. The new training series is offered in iBook format for easy use on iPads and iPhones. A PDF version is also available.
“With the new FileMaker Training Series: Basics, new users can learn the fundamentals of FileMaker and then progress quickly to start creating custom solutions – no programming skills are required”
“With the new FileMaker Training Series: Basics, new users can learn the fundamentals of FileMaker and then progress quickly to start creating custom solutions – no programming skills are required,” said Ryan Rosenberg, vice president of marketing and services for FileMaker, Inc. “Business owners and professionals can now quickly create powerful solutions that go everywhere their businesses take them.”
Business owners and business professionals know how their businesses work. Often the only thing standing in the way of accomplishing their goals is having the right software. But hiring expensive professional programmers or using rigid and bloated applications are often barriers. The FileMaker Training Series combined with the FileMaker Platform provides a practical option to meeting business needs.
FileMaker 13 users now have a broad range of training options to get started and become productive quickly, while building the skills to make powerful solutions.
- Getting Started Tours are a great first step. The Getting Started Tours guide users through the key features of FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go. The tours are automatically installed with the software -- simply download a trial of FileMaker Pro 13 or download FileMaker Go 13 for iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
- FileMaker Training Series: Basics, a brand new addition to the FileMaker Training Series, builds on FileMaker’s Getting Started Tours and introduces users to the fundamentals of creating and deploying custom business solutions. This training includes an iBook and activity files, which provide step-by-step hands-on instruction. It is a free download at http://www.filemaker.com/r/basicspr or the iBooks Store.
- FileMaker Training Series: Advanced will be available later this year. This training provides in-depth coverage of development practices and techniques for FileMaker developers.
Rave Reviews for the FileMaker 13 Platform
The FileMaker 13 Platform has received numerous positive reviews from the industry, such as:
“The major upgrade lets professional FileMaker developers and even novice users create powerful and elegant custom solutions for desktop and mobile clients.”
“The new FileMaker WebDirect tool – which allows FileMaker developers to create responsive, stylish websites driven by FM data – looks impressive.”
“If a field-tested, production-ready, web capable database system and application development environment rolled into one sounds like a good idea to you, take a look at the new FileMaker 13. There is a lot there to simplify your development efforts, especially in a multi-device development world.”
Pricing and Availability
The Getting Started Tours and FileMaker Training Series: Basics are available immediately at no charge. The Getting Started Tours are built into FileMaker 13. The FileMaker Training Series: Basics is a free download from http://www.filemaker.com/r/basicspr or the iBooks Store. Pricing and availability for FileMaker Training Series: Advanced will be announced in the near future.
Learn why FileMaker software is the fast, cost-effective way to develop gorgeous custom business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web.
- Discover tools and resources for creating FileMaker solutions on the FileMaker Pro 13 Resource Center.
- View solution videos and stories to learn how a wide range of industries and organizations are using FileMaker.
- Join FileMaker’s free TechNet developer program.
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker, Inc., an Apple subsidiary, delivers innovative software to easily create custom business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world’s largest organizations, use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their business processes, manage essential information, and boost overall productivity.
Copyright © 2014 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.