Procter & Gamble Brands Open Global Family Home to Serve Moms and Families of Olympians from Canada at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG), a Worldwide Olympic Partner, officially welcomed moms and families of Olympians from Canada and around the world to the P&G Family Home to kick off the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. In the P&G Family Home, brands including Pantene®, Gillette®, Bounty® and Olay® will serve families of Olympians from all over the world, every day of the Games.
“Our brands are in the business of serving all moms on their journey through life with their kids”
The P&G Family Home is the heart of the company’s Thank You Mom program for Sochi 2014, in which P&G brands honour the role moms play in helping their kids achieve their dreams. Here, in partnership with P&G brands in countries around the world, Opening Ceremony tickets were presented to moms of athletes, including Shanne Matthews, mom of Rosalind Groenewoud and Cheryl Simundson, mom of gold medallist Kaillie Humphries.
“Our brands are in the business of serving all moms on their journey through life with their kids,” said Phil Duncan, P&G Global Design Officer, who helped welcome moms and families of Olympians at the opening of the Family Home. “So when a P&G brand sponsors an athlete, we celebrate the mom who helped get them here.”
P&G brands are providing moms and families of Olympians in Sochi with more than 1,200 hours of everyday services that make an extraordinary difference when families are far from home.
For instance, P&G’s beauty brands are offering the opportunity for pampering in the P&G Salon through:
- Hair washing and styling services at the Pantene Studio
- Treating moms to makeovers and polished manicure services at the COVERGIRL® Studio
- Providing skin care recommendations for moisturizing body and hands at the Olay Studio
- Hair colouring, cutting and styling treatments at the Wella® Studio
P&G male grooming brands are serving men in the Salon with the following treatments:
- Hot towel shaves and face massages at the Gillette Studio
- Relaxing hair washes and styling services at the Head & Shoulders® Studio
- Male grooming treatments, including the Perfect Trim by Braun®
Additional P&G brands supporting moms and families of Olympians in Sochi include:
- Bounty, Charmin® and Puffs® are providing homecare products in the Family Home
- Pampers is offering a changing station to help families with small children
- Duracell® Powermats are enabling guests to charge their mobile devices while relaxing and watching the Games
- Tide® will be used to clean 30,000 linens per day, as well as serve moms of sponsored athletes with daily laundry services throughout the duration of the Games
- Dawn® will be used to clean dishes in Olympic Village
- Crest®/Oral-B®/blend-a-med® have teamed up with SOCOG in its provision of the Sochi 2014 dental clinic. The facility provides dental screenings, routine dental work, emergency care and oral care products for athletes and coaches in Sochi.
“It’s so great that P&G is taking the time to recognize moms and all the great things they do – I know I wouldn’t be where I am today without my mom,” said Kaillie Humphries, Canadian bobsledder and defending gold medallist for two-women bobsleigh. “Knowing my mom is being taken care of and pampered at the P&G Family Home is a huge relief for me and gives me a little extra peace of mind so I can concentrate on what I came here to do.”
“I’m so thrilled with everything the P&G Family Home has to offer to athletes and their families,” said Kaillie’s mom, Cheryl Simundson. “I feel so spoiled! I was able to get my hair styled with Pantene and I’m excited to show off my Canadian COVERGIRL ‘fanicure’ when I’m cheering for Kaillie.”
“Serving moms and families is just what P&G brands do,” continued Duncan. “That’s why the P&G Family Home is our single activation at the Games. On the eve of Opening Ceremony, we’re honoured to serve all moms and families of Olympians in Sochi tonight and throughout the Games.”
P&G’s Thank You Mom campaign kicked off in October with the release of Raising an Olympian, a film series showcasing the journey of 28 world-class athletes, including Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, as seen through the eyes of their moms. The videos have collectively garnered over 26 million views since the launch and can be viewed at: P&G Raising an Olympian. P&G then debuted its online film and commercial advertisement, “Pick Them Back Up.” A sequel to London’s “Best Job,” “Pick Them Back Up” celebrates how moms everywhere are there to pick their kids back up and encourage them to try again. The TV spot can be viewed in full here: www.pickthembackup.ca.
The campaign also comes to life through a variety of media channels and in-store where two million retailers are featuring Olympic Winter Games-themed P&G products, branded end caps and displays.
For a full list of assets and information related to the P&G Thank You Mom campaign, including photos and video, visit www.image.net/pgolympicgames.
P&G serves approximately 4.8 billion people around the world with its brands. The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Ace®, Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Duracell®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Fusion®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Iams®, Lenor®, Mach3®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Prestobarba®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, Wella®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.