ANAHEIM, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zyxel Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, today announced the addition of two new Wave 2 access points to its growing portfolio of enterprise-class networking infrastructure solutions. The NWA5123-AC HD 802.11ac Wave 2 Dual-Radio Unified Access Point and NWA1123-AC HD 802.11ac Wave 2 Standalone Access Point deliver fast, reliable wireless connectivity in high-density environments such as campuses and hotels.
The NWA5123-AC HD and NWA1123-AC HD are Wave 2 dual-radio 3x3 MU-MIMO access points that provide a combined data rate of up to 1.6Gbps. Next-generation beamforming technology and advanced noise suppression enable the access points to deliver expanded coverage and faster, more reliable connections to maximize the performance of network-connected applications on each client device.
The NWA1123-AC HD is a robust, standalone access point that is easily deployed into an existing network and managed using the Zyxel One Network Utility. The NWA5123-AC HD is a unified access point that can be deployed with a Wireless LAN Controller to form a robust controller-based WLAN solution with centralized management, or can be deployed as a fully-functional standalone access point. The innovative APFlex™ Technology automatically puts the NWA5123-AC HD into managed mode if a Zyxel wireless controller is found on the network, eliminating the need to manually configure the AP for use in standalone or controller mode.
Features and benefits of the new Wave 2 Access Points include:
- Second Generation MU-MIMO – Enables the AP to communicate simultaneously with multiple clients to provide up to 300 percent better performance than typical 3x3 access points. Second-generation transmit beamforming technology increases data rates for not only MU-MIMO clients, but also for clients using legacy technologies. High-efficiency antennas, premium power amplifiers, and low-noise elements deliver wireless performance that is superior to other Wave 2 access points.
- Coexistence with 3G/4G Cellular Networks – Built-in 3G/4G interference filters minimize interference from 3G/4G antennas or signal boosters to eliminate performance degradation from nearby cellular networks.
- Ease of Deployment and Management – Zyxel One Network (ZON) simplifies the configuration, management and troubleshooting of multiple AP and switch deployments. The Zyxel One Network Network Utility enables instant network setup. Zyxel Smart Connect allows Zyxel networking equipment find and recognize each other automatically.
- Advanced Features for an Optimized Wireless Experience – A range of wireless features such as Dynamic Channel Selection, Load Balancing, and Smart Client Steering to ensure a smooth, consistent and uninterrupted wireless experience for users.
- Ideal for Use in Extreme Environments – The NWA5123-AC HD features ThermoSense Adjustment Technology which extends the operating temperature range to as high as 140 degrees Fahrenheit by intelligently monitoring the temperature threshold and making adjustments to operating parameters. This ensures continued performance in extreme environments such as warehouses and factory floors.
“The rapid growth in adoption of mobile devices and RF technologies creates a noisy RF environment which adversely affects the performance of WiFi networks. This reduces productivity and causes a negative customer experience,” explained Shawn Rogers, Market Development Manager at Zyxel. “Our new APs integrate advanced technologies such as second generation MU-MIMO and 3G/4G cellular filter to enable them to coexist in RF-dense environments and deliver maximum performance to the end users.”
The Zyxel NWA5123-AC HD 802.11ac Wave 2 Dual-Radio Unified Access Point and NWA1123-AC HD 802.11ac Wave 2 Standalone Access Point, carry a limited lifetime warranty and are available now through all Zyxel authorized resellers and e-Commerce partners at MSRPs of $379.99 and $229.99, respectively. For more information on Zyxel and its families of connectivity solutions for homes and businesses, visit www.zyxel.com/us and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Zyxel, a pioneer in IP technology for over two decades and trusted brand for over 25 years, provides a complete portfolio of multi-service LTE, fiber and DSL broadband gateways, home connectivity solutions, smart home devices and enterprise-class Ethernet switches, security and Wi-Fi equipment for small to mid-size businesses. Zyxel offers integrated, interoperable network solutions based on open standards.
Headquartered in Anaheim, California, Zyxel offers its partners service-rich solutions backed by a domestic team of logistic, sales, and technical support professionals.