ANAHEIM, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zyxel Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, today announced major feature enhancements to its flagship Nebula Cloud Network Management Solution.
The new functions and capabilities added to the growing Nebula family of wireless access points, security gateways, and Ethernet switches make it even easier for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and businesses of all sizes to deploy and manage an affordable, scalable Cloud-managed high-performance network infrastructure. The Nebula solution is centrally and remotely managed via the easy-to-use, intuitive Nebula Control Center.
Nebula Control Center
The Nebula Control Center makes it easy for MSPs and businesses to monitor and manage their Nebula networks spanning multiple sites and organizations from a single intuitive dashboard. The new enhancements make it even easier to set-up, manage and maintain Nebula network infrastructures.
- Limited Lifetime License - Provides MSPs or businesses with the flexibility to subscribe to a hassle-free license that does not require annual renewals. In the event that subscribed Nebula devices need to be replaced, service continues at no additional cost, lowering the total cost of ownership over the life of the solution.
- Quick Startup Wizard – Enables the user to manage the network on their own or delegate authority to someone else, and makes it fast and easy to add Nebula devices to the network.
- Site Roles and Privileges – Adds new roles for installers, organization owners, and guest ambassadors at the site level, providing more flexibility and granularity for network administration.
- Batch Imports – Quickly register multiple devices or add multiple administrators and users by simply importing an Excel file.
Nebula Access Points
The enterprise-class Nebula access points provide auto-configuration making it easy for even non-IT professionals to provision, monitor and troubleshoot the Nebula network infrastructure. The new enhancements to the access points make this process even easier.
- SSID Scheduling – Administrators can establish up to five SSID schedules, enabling them to provide services during specific timeframes to manage network access and bandwidth.
- SSID Availability per AP – Nebula Access Points can now be configured to individually broadcast specific SSIDs to limit access to specific SSIDs in multiple AP environments.
- Social Login – Enables users to sign onto the network through the Captive Portal using their Facebook login.
- Captive Portal – Enables administrators to allow or block HTTPS websites, and automatically authorize guest accounts.
Nebula Security Gateways
Zyxel Nebula Gateways feature Zero-touch VPN connections, streamlined policy management, effective network protection, and powerful application security making them highly-effective, yet easy-to-use solutions to protect the network and its connected resources. Enhancements to the Nebula Gateways include:
- Dual WAN Support –WAN status display, load balancing and fail-over capability is now supported across the product line.
- Client Information – Clients can be added into a whitelist, bypassing captive portal authentication to access the network. New displays show OS information including the OS information including the OS version, number of clients and usage.
- Gateway-based Guest Portal – Captive portal, walled garden, captive portal access attribute, and NCAS disconnection are integrated into the Nebula Security Gateway providing hotspot functionality to wired and wireless networks.
- VPN – VPN links can be prioritized at the organizational level ensuring your most important links can connect when VPN connections exceed capacity.
- L2TP Client –L2TP clients can now be authenticated with Nebula cloud authentication.
Nebula Gigabit Ethernet Switches
The growing family of centrally-managed Zyxel Nebula Gigabit Ethernet switches provide a stable, reliable, high-performance network environment. The switches automatically discover wired and wireless devices connected to the network and create a network topology to enable network administrators to easily monitor the network and troubleshoot issues. The enhancements to the Zyxel switches include:
- Live Tool Enhancements – Cable diagnostics enable physical wire-pair testing of Ethernet cables, and the Nebula Switch LED locator makes it easy to find a particular switch in a server rack or server room.
- Loop Guard and Storm Control – Detects and blocks a port of a loop is detected in the network. Enhances network reliability by limiting packets flowing through a port to reduce the effect of a broadcast storm.
- Digital Diagnostics Monitoring for SFP – Digital Diagnostics Monitoring Interface (DDMI) displays real-time SFP transceiver information and operating parameters on a specific SFP port to perform component monitoring, fault isolation and failure prediction tasks.
- DHCP Server Guard – Eliminates network conflicts by ensuring that Nebula switches are only able to receive IP addresses from a specific server.
The Zyxel Nebula Cloud Network Management Solution carries a limited lifetime warranty and US-based phone technical support. The Nebula products are available now through all Zyxel authorized resellers and e-Commerce partners.
Zyxel, a pioneer in IP technology for over two decades and trusted brand for over 25 years, provides a complete portfolio of multi-service LTE, fiber and DSL broadband gateways, home connectivity solutions, smart home devices and enterprise-class Ethernet switches, security and Wi-Fi equipment for small to mid-size businesses. Zyxel offers integrated, interoperable network solutions based on open standards. Headquartered in Anaheim, California, Zyxel offers its partners service-rich solutions backed by a domestic team of logistic, sales, and technical support professionals.