SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Williams Sonoma announced today that it will open its largest new concept store in Seattle on Saturday, June 24, featuring a contemporary look for the brand. The lifestyle store will include Williams Sonoma kitchen and food products, including a curated assortment of food from local businesses, as well as Williams Sonoma Home furnishings catering to the booming Seattle real estate market. Complimentary in-home design services, wedding registry product experts, a cookbook club and monthly cooking classes for adults and children will be offered at the new Pacific Northwest flagship location.
“I love visiting Seattle. It is a very vibrant city on the rise with talented bartenders, chefs and designers,” said Janet Hayes, President of Williams Sonoma. “We had a great time picking local food assortments, with many more products in the queue to launch throughout the balance of the year. I am so proud to bring our new retail concept to this city. Seattle is full of forward-thinking people and they deserve a place to shop that is experiential as well as community-minded.”
In celebration of the opening, the store will host a weekend of festivities starting on Saturday, June 24th. The Grand Opening will kick off with a Navy Strength Bar Pop Up with Oysters XO with 15% of the proceeds benefiting United Way of King County, a beneficiary of No Kid Hungry. There will also be a meet and greet with James Beard Award winning Chef Renee Erickson of Seattle’s The Whale Wins, The Walrus & the Carpenter, Barnacle, Bar Melusine, Bateau, and General Porpoise Doughnut & Coffee. Events continue with a Junior Chef ice cream cooking class, a Thaifusions cooking demonstration with Chef Max Borthwick and a local artist pop up featuring Seattle based Etsy artist Honeyberry Studios. A Summertime Cooking Class highlighting how to use cast iron and a Fortnum & Mason High Tea tasting will also be offered. Local lifestyle blogger Cassandra LaValle of Coco + Kelley will be hosting an interior design class as well as one-on-one styling appointments. Full schedule of events below.
Saturday, June 24th
9:00am – Ribbon Cutting
10:00am – Junior Chef Cooking Class: Ice Cream Party for children ages 8-13.
12:00-2:00pm – Thaifusions Cooking Demonstration and “Meet the Maker” with Seattle-based Chef Max Borthwick. RSVP by visiting: https://wsuniversityvillage-thaifusions.eventbrite.com
12:00-4:00pm – Williams Sonoma Local, open house featuring local food and beverage artisans. Taste, learn & experience products from the producers themselves.
2:00-4:00pm – Join Cassandra from Seattle’s Coco + Kelley blog to help decorate your space. Learn tips and reserve one-on-one styling appointments. Secure your spot now by visiting: https://wsuniversityvillage-cocokelley.eventbrite.com
5:00-6:30pm – Grand Opening Celebration
Navy Strength Bar Pop Up with Oysters XO
RSVP by visiting: https://wsuniversityvillage-grandopening.eventbrite.com
15% of the proceeds from the evening benefit United Way of King County (a beneficiary of NKH).
6:30pm – 8:30pm - Meet James Beard Award winning Chef Renee Erickson of Seattle’s The Whale Wins, The Walrus & the Carpenter, Barnacle, Bar Melusine, Bateau, and General Porpoise Doughnut & Coffee. RSVP by visiting: https://wsuniversityvillage-reneeerickson.eventbrite.com
Sunday, June 25th
10:00am – Ina Garten’s Summertime Cooking with Cast Iron ($30
includes a Lodge Cast Iron Pan)
RSVP by visiting: https://wsuniversityvillage-castiron.eventbrite.com
12:00pm – Fortnum & Mason High Tea ($30 includes a Fortnum & Mason Tea Tasting and Tea to take home!). RSVP by visiting: https://wsuniversityvillage-tea.eventbrite.com
2:00-4:00pm – Local Artist Pop Up featuring Seattle Based Etsy Artist Honeyberry Studios. RSVP by visiting: https://wsuniversityvillage-honeyberry.eventbrite.com
For all event information, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/williams-sonoma-university-village-8376024600
The new store will also represent the unique flavors of Seattle with an assortment of high-quality, locally-produced food and beverage products.
- Bear’s Breath Ketchup: A unique low-sugar ketchup alternative made with natural ingredients and a savory flavor profile featuring a subtle, spicy finish.
- Bow Hill Blueberries: Established in 1947, Bow Hill Blueberries is the oldest family-run blueberry farm in Skagit Valley.
- Crafted Confections: Bite-sized treats made by combining quality, local ingredients with a giant scoop of love.
- Girl Meets Dirt: Girl Meets Dirt Archipelago Preserves are inspired by the long history of orchard keeping on the beautiful isle of Orcas in the San Juan Islands.
- Jcoco: Jcoco draws inspiration from cultures across the globe to create a fresh, exquisite new chocolate experience.
- The Kitchen Imp: Assortments of fresh, bright spices, salts, and sugars, sourced and crafted in Washington.
- Mustard and Co: Mustard made with high quality ingredients, employing a raw process to craft bold flavors.
- Rub With Love: Local crafted spice rubs, sauces and gift packs.
- San Juan Island Salt: San Juan Island Sea Salt offers solar evaporated local sea salt made from the beautiful waters of the San Juan Islands.
- Seattle Canning Co.: Vashon based Seattle Canning Co. is a small batch, farm to jar processor and purveyor of handmade specialty foods and pickled season-fresh produce.
- Seattle Pickle Co: Seattle Pickle makes local artisan pickle products by combining & brining the freshest ingredients to bring you a great Northwest flavor and experience.
- The Shrubbery: The Shrubbery is a Seattle based, small batch shrub maker specializing in seasonal flavors sourced locally.
- Spiceologist: Spiceologist is the world's most innovative spice company with 11 gourmet rubs great for grilling and everyday cooking and the award winning Spiceologist Block.
- Thaifusions: Authentic handcrafted sauces and curries created by a celebrated Thai chef using his mom's special family recipes.
- Trilby’s BBQ: Award winning BBQ sauce, dry rub, seasonings & dip mixes handcrafted in the Pacific Northwest since 1976.
- WOODINVILLE WHISKEY CO.: Crafters of bourbon and rye whiskey handmade in Woodinville, Washington.
Williams Sonoma Home at University Village will have a dedicated retail space that includes living room, bedroom, dining room and home office furniture, as well as decorative accessories, bedding, bath, pillows and throws, lighting and artwork. The brand is known for high-quality furniture and décor that is elevated, yet approachable and draws on the entire spectrum of design, spanning from traditional to modern, industrial to organic, rustic to refined. Williams Sonoma Home’s in-house team of expert designers combine textures, colors and materials to create products that are as unique and functional as they are elegant and sophisticated.
The newly added Williams Sonoma Home space will give customers the opportunity to take advantage of the company’s complimentary in-home interior design services. Williams Sonoma Home’s team of Design Specialists are available to help with the selection of furniture and décor, floor plans and paint colors.
Trade customers will also benefit from the expanded retail presence with access to new collections, fabric swatches and wood finishes in stores. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. To The Trade offers accredited designers, architects, students, and more, exclusive discounts and services across all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands.
For up-to-date information on in-store promotions and events, customers are encouraged to “like” the Williams Sonoma University Village store on Facebook and follow the store on Instagram: @wsuniversityvillage. Store hours are Monday thru Saturday from 9:30am to 9:00pm and Sundays from 11:00am to 6:00pm. The store’s address is 2530 NE University Village, Seattle, WA 98105 and the phone number is 206-523-3733.
ABOUT WILLIAMS SONOMA
Since its founding by Chuck Williams in 1956, the Williams Sonoma brand has been bringing people together around food. A member of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE: WSM) portfolio of brands, Williams Sonoma is a leading specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home, providing world-class service and an engaging customer experience. Products include cookware, cooks’ tools, cutlery, electrics, bakeware, food, tabletop and bar, outdoor, cookbooks, as well as furniture, lighting and decorative accessories. Each store offers cooking classes and tastings conducted by expert culinary staff. A comprehensive gift registry program for weddings and other special events is available in stores and online. On williams-sonoma.com and the Williams Sonoma blog, Taste, customers can find recipes, tips, and techniques that help them create delicious meals and wonderful memories. Williams Sonoma is a proud supporter of No Kid Hungry, a nonprofit dedicated to ending childhood hunger in America. Follow Williams Sonoma on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and YouTube.
WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME
Williams Sonoma Home started in 2004 as an extension of the Williams Sonoma lifestyle, offering furnishings for every room in the home. Williams Sonoma Home products are expertly designed in house at the corporate headquarters in San Francisco. Known for authentic craftsmanship, superior quality and enduring design, Williams Sonoma Home has become a mainstay for consumers and design trade alike. The brand draws inspiration from the entire spectrum of design, spanning from traditional to modern, industrial to organic, rustic to refined, giving customers the ability to create spaces that reflect their personal style. Products include furniture, decorative accessories, bedding, bath, pillows and throws, lighting, window treatments and outdoor furnishings. Williams Sonoma Home design specialists are available at all Williams Sonoma stores and provide complimentary in-home design services to help customers bring their design dreams to life. Follow us on Instagram (link to: https://www.instagram.com/wshome/) and Pinterest (link to: https://www.pinterest.com/wshome/).